Disabled & Homeless Veterans finding hope at LV-PITA
Synopsis and Key Points:
Las Vegas Disabled and Homeless Veterans have another resource to help them rebuild their lives and find hope.
Main DigestLV-PITA, Professional Institute of Technology & Accounting offers Disabled and Homeless Veterans in the Las Vegas community free computer skills and job search readiness training at their Las Vegas location.
The Las Vegas Disabled and Homeless Veterans have another resource to help them rebuild their lives and find hope. LV-PITA, Professional Institute of Technology & Accounting has been offering FREE computer training to the unemployed since they opened , and later expanded that to include the Homeless and Disabled Veterans.
For over a year, they have been offering free classes every Wednesday to Veterans. This class includes basic computer skills, and job readiness and career search skills. Each week Veterans come to the school, and build their confidence to improve their situation. These classes are offered at their 4270 S Decatur location.
One of the other ways LV-PITA helps our Servicemen and women, is by partnering with a local organization, US Vets. US Vets provides services to the homeless veterans all over the nation. Their Las Vegas location on Bonanza road provides, food, shelter, clothing, medical assistance, as well as career and employment services. LV-PITA holds classes twice monthly at US Vets location.
At a recent event to honor US Veteran graduates, Steve Clemens commented, "We want to give back, even if it's a small way as a free computer class, something to our Veterans who have worked hard to give us our freedom in this country. It is a travesty that any veteran has to spend the cold evening on the streets.That needs to change, and maybe our class can help them see there is hope and help available from so many sources"
Another way that LV-PITA will be involved with US Vets, will be at the local Stand Down for Homeless Veterans Event. The three day event will be held in March and will offer on sight services to Veterans.
Over 50 organizations and agencies will come together to provide services and assistance to homeless veterans. Last Year over 100 new veterans were served and provided with food, assistance, haircuts, dental work and medical services.
Laurie Clemens comments, "Once you get involved to help US Vets, I guarantee, you will make this your mission! When you meet these wonderful men and women who fought for our freedoms, you too will want to do all you can to help"
If you are interested in learning more about US Vets, Stand Down, or LV-PITA, feel free to contact Sean or Laurie Clemens at 702-853-7482. Volunteers are always welcome!
About LV-PITA. Professional Institute of Technology & Accounting provides computer training and certification for Microsoft, CompTIA, Adobe, Cisco, Intuit and more. Certification testing, career placement assistance, day and evening classes. On line and classroom training offered. Licensed by the commission on Post Secondary Education.
- 1: Educating Students on Credit Card and Financial Responsibility : Inderscience Publishers (2015/09/26)
- 2: Student Loan Repayment Calculator : Disabled World (2011/10/27)
- 3: American Schools Are Making Inequality Worse : American Educational Research Association (2015/10/08)
- 4: Using Uncertainty Reduction Theory to Help Students Deal with Stress and Anxiety and Improve Their Overall Classroom Performance : Kristin Basinger, Tracy Crawford, Lauren Critchley, and Jennifer Romano, Full Time Faculty, University of Phoenix (2020/08/06)
- 5: Online Education for Students With Disabilities : Online Schools Center (2016/06/16)
- 6: Public Virtual Schools Guidance on Education of Children with Disabilities : U.S. Education Department (2016/08/12)
- 7: Examining Feelings of Inclusion Among Students with Disabilities : New York University (NYU) (2017/10/27)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.