Deque University Offers Free Digital Accessibility Courses for People with Disabilities
Published 2016/05/19 - (4 years ago).
Author: Deque Systems, Inc. - Contact : deque.com
Outline: Deque Systems will now be offering their entire curriculum of Deque University online courses in web and digital accessibility to people with disabilities for free.
In honor of Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2016, Deque Systems will now be offering their entire curriculum of Deque University online courses in web and digital accessibility to people with disabilities for free.
Employment for people with disabilities is often a difficult endeavor. They face discrimination during the hiring process and barriers to employment all along the way, including barriers to acquiring the skills necessary for employment.
Meanwhile, the demand for accessibility professionals is greater than it has ever been, and people with disabilities have a lot to offer in this field. They live the experience, so in many ways they're already experts, but there are still technical skills to learn.
Deque's mission is to help achieve digital equality for people with disabilities and hopes that making this new initiative will empower users with disabilities to become the experts that will teach businesses and governments and everyone else who shares the web how to be accessible.
If you have a disability, you qualify for free access to Deque's in-depth web accessibility curriculum for a full year (a value of $315).
The online courses offered include:
- Web Accessibility Fundamentals
- HTML & CSS Accessibility
- Mobile Web Accessibility
- IAAP CPACC Certification Preparation Course
- Web Accessibility Testing Techniques
- Testing with Screen Readers
- MS Word Accessibility
- MS PowerPoint Accessibility
- PDF Accessibility
- InDesign Accessibility
- EPUB Accessibility
- And more.
Founded in 1999, Deque Systems has paved the way for digital equality both from the user and technology perspectives. Deque has developed a uniquely robust suite of software tools that include WorldSpace suite of Comply, Attest, and Assure; Amaze; and our new open source accessibility rules library, aXe. A thought leader in digital accessibility software and services, Deque was awarded the Computerworld 21st Century Achievement Award for Innovation for the Amaze technology, and the company is frequently recognized in the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest Growing Companies. Learn more at www.deque.com.
The full details of the offer and the registration are available at dequeuniversity.com/pwd
- 1 - Atlanta School for Autism - Cumberland Academy of Georgia | Cumberland Academy of Georgia (2015/01/03)
- 2 - List of Best Female Colleges in the United States | College Choice (2016/05/10)
- 3 - Ensuring Academic Success for English Language Learners in Higher Education Through Use of Technology | Dr. Jessica Bogunovich (2017/02/18)
- 4 - College Psychology Classes Lack Curriculum About Disabilities | Oregon State University (2016/02/24)
- 5 - Integrating Social Media in the Humanities Online Classroom | Stacey Atiyeh (2017/02/17)