Free Digital Accessibility Courses for People with Disabilities
Author: Deque Systems, Inc.(i) : Contact: deque.com
Published: 2016-05-19 : (Rev. 2020-05-30)
- Deque Systems will now be offering their entire curriculum of Deque University online courses in web and digital accessibility to people with disabilities for free.
- If you have a disability, you qualify for free access to Deque's in-depth web accessibility curriculum for a full year (a value of $315).
- ...the demand for accessibility professionals is greater than it has ever been, and people with disabilities have a lot to offer in this field.
In honor of Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2016, Deque Systems will now be offering their entire curriculum of Deque University online courses in web and digital accessibility to people with disabilities for free.
Employment for people with disabilities is often a difficult endeavor. They face discrimination during the hiring process and barriers to employment all along the way, including barriers to acquiring the skills necessary for employment.
Meanwhile, the demand for accessibility professionals is greater than it has ever been, and people with disabilities have a lot to offer in this field. They live the experience, so in many ways they're already experts, but there are still technical skills to learn.
Deque's mission is to help achieve digital equality for people with disabilities and hopes that making this new initiative will empower users with disabilities to become the experts that will teach businesses and governments and everyone else who shares the web how to be accessible.
If you have a disability, you qualify for free access to Deque's in-depth web accessibility curriculum for a full year (a value of $315).
Online Courses Offered Include
- Web Accessibility Fundamentals
- HTML & CSS Accessibility
- Mobile Web Accessibility
- IAAP CPACC Certification Preparation Course
- Web Accessibility Testing Techniques
- Testing with Screen Readers
- MS Word Accessibility
- MS PowerPoint Accessibility
- PDF Accessibility
- InDesign Accessibility
- EPUB Accessibility
- And more.
Founded in 1999, Deque Systems has paved the way for digital equality both from the user and technology perspectives.
Deque has developed a uniquely robust suite of software tools that include WorldSpace suite of Comply, Attest, and Assure; Amaze; and our new open source accessibility rules library, aXe.
A thought leader in digital accessibility software and services, Deque was awarded the Computerworld 21st Century Achievement Award for Innovation for the Amaze technology, and the company is frequently recognized in the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest Growing Companies. Full details of the offer and the registration are available at dequeuniversity.com/pwd
(i)Source/Reference: Deque Systems, Inc.. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Free Digital Accessibility Courses for People with Disabilities : Deque Systems, Inc. (2016/05/19)
- 2 - Best Disability Friendly U.S. Colleges and Universities : College Choice (2016/05/26)
- 3 - List of Best Female Colleges in the United States : College Choice (2016/05/10)
- 4 - Atlanta School for Autism - Cumberland Academy of Georgia : Cumberland Academy of Georgia (2015/01/03)
- 5 - Ensuring Academic Success for English Language Learners in Higher Education Through Use of Technology : Dr. Jessica Bogunovich (2017/02/18)
- 6 - College Psychology Classes Lack Curriculum About Disabilities : Oregon State University (2016/02/24)
- 7 - Integrating Social Media in the Humanities Online Classroom : Stacey Atiyeh (2017/02/17)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.