Explanation of Physical Therapists Jobs
Author: Brad B Jones
Published: 2009-02-25 : (Rev. 2013-06-16)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Healthcare facilities in the United States offer attractive healthcare jobs that carry good remuneration and benefits for physical therapists.
Main DigestHealthcare facilities throughout the United States offer attractive healthcare jobs that carry good remuneration and associated benefits, for physical therapists.
These jobs are in great demand among suitably qualified physical therapists because they carry the promise of a rewarding professional career.
Candidates aspiring for a PT career must acquire a master's degree in physical therapy and obtain state licensure. Candidates with an associate degree can work as physical therapy assistants.
Duties of a Physical Therapist
The main objective of a physical therapist is to increase the patients' range of motion by reducing their pain and stress. Qualified physical therapists treat individuals with health problems and help them regain their strength, pride, flexibility and self-determination, both physically and mentally. They examine the patients' medical records and develop treatment plans, which include therapeutic exercises and activities. Therapy assistants and aides implement the treatment plans under the direction of physical therapists. In addition, they teach the patient how to use the therapy equipment and also document the patients' progress.
Benefits that Come with Physical Therapy Jobs
Qualified PT professionals can have many value-added benefits such as:
"Medical and dental insurance
"401(k) retirement savings plan
"Incentives and bonuses
"Professional liability insurance
Physical therapists receive excellent remuneration, enjoy flexible work schedules, and can choose part-time, full-time, temporary, permanent and traveling jobs.
Find the Best Jobs in the PT Field
PT job vacancies are available in various healthcare settings such as long-term acute care facilities, community clinics, home health agencies, nursing homes, managed care organizations and hospitals. Both US trained and internationally trained professionals can apply for these positions. Physical therapists with higher educational qualification can go on to teach in universities and colleges.
To track down physical therapist employment opportunities throughout the United States, get in touch with a qualified placement service provider. You might have to register at provider websites and apply on the online application form provided.
Reference: TheraKare (www.therakare.com/healthcare-jobs.html), a well-known physical therapist staffing agency in the USA, offers fast and efficient healthcare job placement solutions for physical therapists seeking employment in the US rehabilitation sector.
- 1 - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Employment Description : Michael A. Morales (2009/02/19)
- 2 - Nursing Ranked Most Honest and Ethical Profession : American Nurses Association (2014/12/22)
- 3 - Speech Pathology Job Description : John Stephen (2010/09/30)
- 4 - Careers in Health Care - What They Offer for Students with Disabilities : Rebecca Broyce (2010/12/15)
- 5 - How to Become a Medical Transcriptionist Guide : Jason Trusler (2009/02/06)
- 6 - Best Jobs for Candidates With Disabilities : CareerCast (2014/11/04)
- 7 - Primary Care Physicians More Likely to Recommend Careers as Nurse Practitioners : Massachusetts General Hospital (2015/01/07)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.