Explanation of Physical Therapists Jobs
Published : 2009-02-25 - Updated : 2013-06-16
Author : Brad B Jones
Synopsis* : Healthcare facilities in the United States offer attractive healthcare jobs that carry good remuneration and benefits for physical therapists.
Main DigestHealthcare facilities throughout the United States offer attractive healthcare jobs that carry good remuneration and associated benefits, for physical therapists.
These jobs are in great demand among suitably qualified physical therapists because they carry the promise of a rewarding professional career.
Candidates aspiring for a PT career must acquire a master's degree in physical therapy and obtain state licensure. Candidates with an associate degree can work as physical therapy assistants.
Duties of a Physical Therapist
The main objective of a physical therapist is to increase the patients' range of motion by reducing their pain and stress. Qualified physical therapists treat individuals with health problems and help them regain their strength, pride, flexibility and self-determination, both physically and mentally. They examine the patients' medical records and develop treatment plans, which include therapeutic exercises and activities. Therapy assistants and aides implement the treatment plans under the direction of physical therapists. In addition, they teach the patient how to use the therapy equipment and also document the patients' progress.
Benefits that Come with Physical Therapy Jobs
Qualified PT professionals can have many value-added benefits such as:
"Medical and dental insurance
"401(k) retirement savings plan
"Incentives and bonuses
"Professional liability insurance
Physical therapists receive excellent remuneration, enjoy flexible work schedules, and can choose part-time, full-time, temporary, permanent and traveling jobs.
Find the Best Jobs in the PT Field
PT job vacancies are available in various healthcare settings such as long-term acute care facilities, community clinics, home health agencies, nursing homes, managed care organizations and hospitals. Both US trained and internationally trained professionals can apply for these positions. Physical therapists with higher educational qualification can go on to teach in universities and colleges.
To track down physical therapist employment opportunities throughout the United States, get in touch with a qualified placement service provider. You might have to register at provider websites and apply on the online application form provided.
Reference: TheraKare (www.therakare.com/healthcare-jobs.html), a well-known physical therapist staffing agency in the USA, offers fast and efficient healthcare job placement solutions for physical therapists seeking employment in the US rehabilitation sector.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Job Descriptions Documents
- 1 - Primary Care Physicians More Likely to Recommend Careers as Nurse Practitioners : Even those satisfied with their careers would recommend careers as nurse practitioners, rather than as physicians, for qualified students.
- 2 - Nursing Ranked Most Honest and Ethical Profession : For the past 13 years, the public has voted nurses as the most honest and ethical profession in America in the Gallup poll.
- 3 - Best Jobs for Disabled People : CareerCast identifies some of the best careers for job seekers with disabilities, such as accountant, physician assistant and statistician.
- 4 - Coordinating Care for Children with Disabilities - Leadership Education in Neuro-developmental and Related Disabilities : LEND is an interdisciplinary leadership training program funded by the federal Maternal and Child Health Bureau.
- 5 - Careers in Health Care - What They Offer for Students with Disabilities : Most of the jobs in health care are covered by the ADA so health care careers offer a unique opportunity to students with disabilities.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Brad B Jones. Electronic Publication Date: 2009-02-25 - Revised: 2013-06-16. Title: Explanation of Physical Therapists Jobs, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/employment/jobs/physical-therapists-jobs.php>Explanation of Physical Therapists Jobs</a>. Retrieved 2021-05-07, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/employment/jobs/physical-therapists-jobs.php - Reference: DW#220-947.