Jobs for Veterans - Workforce Alliance
Author: Workforce Alliance
Synopsis and Key Points:
Job and Benefits Fair for Veterans being held at the Workforce Alliance Career Center in West Palm Beach.
Main DigestNumerous Palm Beach County employers are scheduled to recruit potential new employees at the Job and Benefits Fair for Veterans being held at the Workforce Alliance Career Center in West Palm Beach.
Numerous Palm Beach County employers are scheduled to recruit potential new employees at the Job and Benefits Fair for Veterans being held at the Workforce Alliance Career Center in West Palm Beach on Friday, November 6, 2009, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The companies that will be conducting interviews and seeking to hire veterans include major employers such as Boca Resort & Hotel, Boca West Master Association, Carmax, Champion Solutions Group, Cintas Corporation, Comcast Cable, DeVry University's Keller Center for Corporate Learning, Florida Power and Light, G4S/Wackenhut, General Dynamics Aviation Services, Hilton Garden Inn, Home Depot, Office Depot, Sears Roebuck & Co., the US Border Patrol, US Re-modelers, the V.A. Medical Center, and Valley Crest Landscape Maintenance.
Kathryn Schmidt, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Workforce Alliance, announced, "We are proud to hold this annual event that not only recognizes the veterans for their service to our country, but also highlights their unique skills and qualifications for local employers. Many major Palm Beach County employers are recruiting employees at the Job Fair because they value the skills, experience and workplace readiness of veterans."
The event is also a Benefits Fair, during which veterans can obtain information regarding the veterans' benefits to which they may be entitled from the Palm Beach County Veterans Services, the VA Medical Center, and the VA HUD-VASH (Housing and Urban Development - Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing) Program. Veterans' organizations such as the American Legion, the Military Order of the Purple Heart, the Disabled American Veterans and the Vietnam Veterans of America are also supporting and assisting Workforce Alliance in conducting the fair.
The site of the Job Fair, Workforce Alliance's Central Career Center, is located in West Palm Beach at the Pine Trail Plaza, 1951 North Military Trail, Suite D, on the southwest corner of Military Trail and Okeechobee Boulevard.
Workforce Alliance operates three full-service Career Centers in Palm Beach County and has designated Career Counselors who specialize in providing employment information and workforce opportunities for veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- 1 - EEOC Issues Regulations on US Government Obligation to Engage in Affirmative Action for People with Disabilities : U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (2017/01/03)
- 2 - Filing Employment Discrimination Complaint with U.S. EEOC : Disabled World (2019/02/14)
- 3 - COVID-19 Recession Hits Workers with Disability Harder : Kessler Foundation (2020/05/10)
- 4 - Military Veterans Should Consider Federal Employment : Barbara Adams (2009/02/06)
- 5 - 2019 Statistics Reveal Strong Job Gains for Disabled Americans : Kessler Foundation (2019/07/09)
- 6 - 2019 Report on U.S. Disability Employment Rate by State : RespectAbility (2019/02/16)
- 7 - New Perspective on Disability Employment Podcast : Disability Employment Awareness Month (2010/10/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.