Individual and Family Dental Insurance Coverage - CIGNA
- Publish Date: 2011/06/02
- Author: CIGNA
Outline: New dental insurance coverage features low deductibles and no waiting periods for preventive care.
Main DigestCIGNA announced that it is now offering dental plans to current and new CIGNA Individual and Family Plan medical customers.
The plans feature comprehensive coverage, deductibles as low as $50 per year for an individual and no waiting period for routine examinations and procedures such as cleanings and x-rays.
The cost for dental coverage is approximately $31 per month per individual.
"Regular dental care is an important part of staying healthy as studies show that poor oral health can impact pregnancy, heart disease and diabetes," said Chris Hocevar, president of CIGNA's Individual and Family Plan segment. "That's why we are offering easy-to-use and affordable dental options that are similar to the dental benefits offered by large employers that help maintain health through regular dental visits and preventive care."
CIGNA's Individual and Family Dental plans allow customers to get care that is covered by insurance from both in-network and out-of-network dentists and include the following features:
- No enrollment fee
- Access to preventive and diagnostic care without a waiting period
- No deductible for basic preventive care with an in-network dentist
- Short (six months) waiting period for basic restorative services with a 20 percent co-pay for fillings, non-routine x-rays and simple extractions
- Calendar year $50 deductible for an individual and $150 for a family for in-network services
- Coverage for services by an out-of-network dentist
- Customer-friendly help including CIGNA's 24-hour 800 customer service line for immediate answers to questions
- One combined monthly bill for medical and dental premiums
CIGNA's dental network includes more than 80,000 dentists across the country, which translates to nearly 210,000 unique dental locations. Products are available through brokers and sold directly to consumers starting June 1, 2011.
CIGNA offers individual medical and dental plans in 10 states. Information is available at www.cignaforyou.com
About CIGNA - CIGNA (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. CIGNA Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. CIGNA offers products and services in 29 countries and jurisdictions and has more than 66 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by CIGNA Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, CIGNA Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about CIGNA, visit www.cigna.com
- 1 - Dentist with a Standard Insurance Disability Claim Gets Drilled | Dell & Schaefer | 2012/06/01
- 2 - Partial Disability or Total Disability | Art Fries, Disability Claim Consultant | 2012/01/05
- 3 - Disability Insurance for Graduating Resident Doctors | MR Insurance Consultants | 2011/10/04
- 4 - Malpractice Insurance Reimbursement Rider for Long-Term Disability Customers | Sun Life Financial | 2011/06/10
- 5 - New Voluntary Dental Insurance Policy - Aflac | Aflac | 2011/01/24
- 6 - Individual and Family Dental Insurance Coverage - CIGNA | CIGNA | 2011/06/02
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media