Eyes on the Prize: The Hadley School for the Blind Wants to Back Your Business
Author: Hadley School for the Blind : Contact: www.hadley.edu
Published: 2016-01-07 : (Rev. 2016-03-27)
Hadley invites submissions for a start up for a chance to win one of three cash awards for up to $10,000 each.
Hadley is announcing its inaugural 2016 New Venture Business Competition.
The Hadley School for the Blind's Forsythe Center for Employment and Entrepreneurship (FCE) was launched in 2011 to address the 70 to 80 percent un-and underemployment rate among Americans who are blind or visually impaired. Through this business education program, Hadley, the largest provider of distance education to people who are blind and visually impaired worldwide, offers tuition-free courses to help prepare students for employment and entrepreneurship. Today, Hadley is announcing its inaugural 2016 New Venture Business Competition.
In the spirit of ABC's hit show, Shark Tank, Hadley is inviting new, current or recent Forsythe Center students to submit their plans for a start up for a chance to win one of three cash awards for up to $10,000 each.
Entrants must have enrolled in at least one FCE module for consideration of their business plan. However, it's not too late to become an FCE student and participate in the competition. New FCE students must provide proof of legal blindness from a physician before enrolling in an FCE course. Participation and submission rules can be found at www.Hadley.edu/nvc
To enroll in the FCE, please visit Hadley.edu or call Student Services at 800-526-9909.
"We are thrilled to be able to help support new businesses in this fun, exciting way," said Colleen Wunderlich,Director, Hadley Forsythe Center for Entrepreneurship. "Our students are so innovative and enthusiastic - I look forward to learning what they have in mind."
Contestants will need to move quickly, though, as the entry period ends when the clock strikes 11:59 pm CST on Feb. 15, 2016.
Winners will be recognized and receive their awards at the 2016 Business Leadership and Superior Training (BLAST) Conference in Chicago, May 17-20, 2016.
- 1 - Adaptive Clothing Dignity by Design Enterprise, LLC - Fashion Apparel Without Limitations : Dignity by Design Enterprise, LLC (2009/08/25)
- 2 - Inventions: Disability, Medical and Health Related Products : Disabled World (2015/11/02)
- 3 - Inventions Needed to Make Everyday Life Easier : Disabled World (2019/03/27)
- 4 - Airline Seat Design Allows Disabled Passengers to Fly in Own Wheelchair : Molon Labe, LLC (2020/03/19)
- 5 - Horizon Electric Trike - Mobility for People with Disabilities : Outrider USA (2014/03/22)
- 6 - Investors Wanted for Wheeling Comforts - An Accessible Retreat for Disabled : Gracye Reed (2018/10/22)
- 7 - WHILL, Inc. Raises $45 Million in Funding : WHILL, Inc. (2018/09/17)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.