Emotional Core Therapy - Root Cause of Psychological Stress
Author: Robert A. Moylan, LCPC : Contact: robertmoylan.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
Robert A. Moylan, LCPC has discovered, through 20 years of psychology research, the simplest and most effective behavioral psychology approach.
Counselor Robert A. Moylan, LCPC has discovered, through 20 years of psychology research, the simplest and most effective behavioral psychology approach currently available in the world to treat most relationship stress, including eating disorders, addictions, depression, anxiety, anger, trauma, marital discord, sports psychology and personality disorders. His book for adults, "Emotional Core Therapy," was the top-rated book on Amazon.com in 2014 in two categories: "Mental Health" and "Emotions." Mr. Moylan's blog has a downloadable version of the book, Emotional Core Therapy: www.robertmoylanlcpc.blogspot.com. His book for teens, called "Emotional Core Therapy for Adolescents", was ranked number seven in the same category. www.amazon.com/gp/top-rated/digital-text/156493011/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_tr
With Emotional Core Therapy (ECT), Mr. Moylan has discovered the root cause of psychological stress. Also, he has produced the only psychological approach in the world that accurately and successfully treats the root cause of relationship stress. Up until now, the vast majority of therapists, counselors, social workers, psychiatrists, ministers, monks, priests, and coaches have been relying on psychology techniques/approaches such as REBT, CBT, DBT, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Positive Psychology, Psychoanalysis, Motivational Interviewing, Positive Psychology, 12 Steps, even religious teachings such as Buddhism and Christianity to heal people.
ECT uses some of the same teachings as all of the above approaches (along with Moylan's own research and findings) but has condensed the process to eight steps.
Robert Moylan's book for adults, "Emotional Core Therapy," was the top-rated book on Amazon.com in 2014 in two categories: "Mental Health" and "Emotions." Source: Robert A. Moylan, LCPC
His discovery is so simple you only need a ninth or tenth grade reading level for the adult book. Sixth graders can read his teen books. Non-readers can also learn ECT if they can be taught the process. With ECT, there is renewed hope that addictions and mental health issues can be treated more effectively throughout the world.
This is a landmark day in the field of psychology according to Mr. Moylan, because we now have an effective psychology tool to treat all current psychological disorders where the patient has not suffered permanent physical or psychological damage. According to Moylan, ECT can help anyone, even those without a psychological diagnosis. Why? ECT teaches you how to have inner peace and happiness. A goal for nearly all humans. The root cause of stress is entering and leaving relationships that require needs to be met. We sense this stress through our five senses and cause one of four feelings to arise. Those four feelings are joy, grief, fear, and relief.
All relationship stress in existence (for example, binge eating, addiction to cocaine, financial loss in stock market, spousal abuse, parenting a disruptive teen, missing a free throw in basketball, death of a loved one, throwing out your back lifting a baby, celebrating a birthday, etc.) can be traced back to one of the four feelings. These four feelings alter the central nervous system, thus causing stress to humans. The key is to learn to identify, process, and release these four feelings as they are with us hourly and daily. These four feelings are temporary but (grief and fear )can be debilitating from time to time.
Integral to the ECT approach is to learn to have a relaxed, daydreaming, meditative lifestyle, similar to what psychologists call mindfulness.
Then, once these four feelings come, one must cathartically release them. One can handle almost any future relationship stress, once the eight step ECT Flowchart is learned and applied. The field of psychology has never had a psychological process that can claim these results. ECT can help improve the quality of life for millions of people. Why? If someone uses and applies ECT to their daily lives, they have the full confidence they can handle almost any future stress that arises in their lives.
- Here is the ECT video: https://m.youtube.com/watchv=uQouhJeMlsM
- Here is Mr. Moylan's blog, which has a downloadable version of the book, Emotional Core Therapy: www.robertmoylanlcpc.blogspot.com
- Here is the Emotional Core Therapy approach in the International Journal of Emergency Health and Human Resilience, which further describes the ECT, process along with having other references and media links: omicsonline.com/open-access/emotional-core-therapy-book-review-1522-4821-16-132.phpaid=32238
- Mr. Moylan is licensed by a dozen state boards to train a dozen mental health and medical professionals ECT for license renewal and provide CEUs: www.easyceu.com/emotional-mental-well-being/emotional-core-therapy
- Mr. Moylan's interview in Substance Abuse Certification magazine: substanceabusecertification.org/emotional-core-therapy.html
- Northwestern University includes the ECT books as recommended reading under the category of relationships: www.northwestern.edu/counseling/students/index.html
- Female gambling addicts site recommend ECT books. www.femalegamblers.info/links.htm
Robert Moylan and ECT were featured on the Dr. Peter Breggin Radio. ECT was also featured on ESPN for sports psychology and also on Canadian radio on the Sid Miller Show.
- 1 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 2 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 3 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 4 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.