Dr. Ruth - America's Charismatic Sex Therapist
Author: Retirement Living TV(i)
Published: 2010-06-02 : (Rev. 2018-08-20)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Dr. Ruth widely known as an expert on sex and relationship therapy on cable TV show.
She's Spicier Than "Sex and the City" - But These Dr. Ruth Specials Explore Other Topics...
While she is most widely known as an expert on sex and relationship therapy, Dr. Ruth's programming specials offer another side of her, that of a renowned sociologist and teacher. Retirement Living TV (RLTV) will air three documentaries by leading sociologist, Dr. Ruth Westheimer.
In celebration of her 82nd birthday, RLTV will feature three deeply touching documentaries that follow her as she explores and celebrates the traditions and customs of her heritage.
These stories highlight the importance of passing on family values, especially the manner in which they are transmitted to future generations.
The celebration will begin with:
- The Olive and the Tree that aired Tuesday, June 1st at 9 p.m. (EDT)
- No Missing Link on Wednesday, June 2nd at 9 p.m. (EDT)
- A Jewish Spirit Sings on Thursday, June 3rd at 9 p.m. (EDT)
On Dr. Ruth's birthday, Friday, June 4th, RLTV will air all three specials as a tribute beginning at 8 p.m. (EDT).
While the subject matter in each is varied, all three documentaries feature Dr. Ruth and demonstrate the relevancy of an individual's heritage and family legacy.
"Far more than just America's charismatic sex therapist, Dr. Ruth holds a Master Degree in Sociology and an Ed.D. in Interdisciplinary Study of the Family," said Elliot Jacobson, Senior Vice President, Programming.
"RLTV is thrilled to honor Dr. Ruth on her birthday and to celebrate her broad range of talents and expertise as a sociologist with an exciting series of documentaries."
Retirement Living TV (RLTV) is the only cable network dedicated to serving the needs of adults 55+ with information and entertainment that inspires and enhances the perception of aging.
The network has Emmy award-winning programming that addresses a variety of subjects and genres including health, finance, travel, reality, comedy and drama.
It is RLTV's vision to be the top television network, online destination and media brand for adults 55+.
For more information, log on to WWW.RL.TV
(i)Source/Reference: Retirement Living TV. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Take a Look at This Heart | Love and Sexuality in the Disabled Community : Sarah Hess (2018/12/23)
- 2 - The Brain Broad Talks about Lust: Helping Teenagers with Autism through Puberty and Beyond : Tsara Shelton (2020/04/11)
- 3 - Over One-Third of LGBTQ Adults Identify as Having a Disability : RespectAbility (2018/07/01)
- 4 - Gender Dysphoria in Adolescents and Adults : Thomas C. Wess (2017/07/29)
- 5 - Gender Identity Issues More Likely Among Children with Autism or ADHD : Springer (2014/03/12)
- 6 - Dr. Ruth - America's Charismatic Sex Therapist : Retirement Living TV (2010/06/02)
- 7 - Museum of Sex Intimate Encounters : Noelle Daidone (2008/06/08)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.