Armchair Anglers Launches Website to Help Physically Challenged Get Back on the Water
Author: Armchair Anglers, Inc.
Published: 2010-09-19 : (Rev. 2017-12-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
New Non-Profit Organization Dedicated to Getting Physically Challenged Anglers Back On The Water Launches Fund Raising Website.
Armchair Anglers Launches Website And Fund Raising Effort Aimed At Helping Physically Challenged Get Back On The Water
Losing your ability to do what you love can take away your quality of life. Armchair Anglers, a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide world-class fishing trips for the physically challenged on a fully accessible, stable catamaran boat, announced today the launch of its New website - www.armchairanglers.org, in an effort to bring the healing that only time spent on the water, can provide.
Executive Director and Founder, Jim Hargaden, who helped design this unique and custom catamaran, did so due to his own physical limitations. Now he wants to make his dream a reality for the thousands of physically challenged anglers who dream of getting back on the water.
But We Need Your Help!
Our goal is to raise sufficient funds by December 2010 so that Jim's specially designed boat can be built and outfitted on order to begin these fishing adventures. If you are like Jim and love fishing but due to physical limitations, can't participate or enjoy the sport as you once did. Well, now you can! Adventures are also available to those seeking to try the sport for the first time, so you don't have to have any experience, you only need to have the desire to experience the pleasures of fishing for bonefish, cobia, trout, grouper and more.
"Our goal is to provide a safe and comfortable day of fishing and to provide education and smart catch & release techniques promoting conservation of our most valuable resources to this over-looked segment of the Disabled Community," said Mr. Hargaden. "Our Fund Raising efforts have begun in earnest and we will be working on gathering sufficient funds for the construction and rigging of this exciting venture with your help."
"We encourage you to join our efforts by visiting www.armchairanglers.org and supporting this worthy Non-Profit in anyway you can!" added Hargaden. "Your donation, no matter what level you choose, will serve to provide lasting memories for those with physical challenges."
All donations are Tax Deductible. To Donate go to www.armchairanglers.org and click on the "Join Us" tab. Please share this information with others in your network!
Those interested in receiving the Armchair Anglers Newsletter can sign-up on their website and receive $10 worth of tackle as a Thank You Gift!
About Armchair Anglers: Armchair Anglers, Inc. is registered as a 501(c)(3) Corporation in the State of Florida. Registration number CH30570 and was founded in 2009 in order to provide uplifting, world-class fishing opportunities to those with physical challenges. For more information or to donate visit www.armchairanglers.org or call (954) 258-3056.
- 1 - Learning to Fly a Paramotor in a Wheelchair : Paramotor Training (2020/05/13)
- 2 - Happy Potted Plants Delivered by People with Disability Bring Joy to Locals : The Australian Foundation for Disability (Afford) (2020/04/09)
- 3 - Flight Tracking: Listen to Air Traffic Control Radio : Disabled World (2009/01/21)
- 4 - Listen and Track Space Station Space Shuttle and Satellites : Disabled World (2009/01/21)
- 5 - Piloting RC Plane with Toes in Time to Music Played Using Hands Video : Disabled World (2020/04/03)
- 6 - Pilots with Disabilities and Flying with Disability : Disabled World (2009/04/10)
- 7 - Amateur (Ham) Radio Information for Persons with Disability : Disabled World (2012/09/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.