Love Simple - iTune Film to Raise Awareness for Lupus
Published : 2010-06-11
Author : S.L.E. Lupus Foundation
Synopsis* : Producers of romantic comedy Love Simple donating 30 percent of proceeds from film's sale to S.L.E. Lupus Foundation.
Main DigestThe producers of the romantic comedy Love Simple are donating 30 percent of the proceeds from the film's sale on the iTunes Store (www.iTunes.com) beginning June 14 through June 21 to the S.L.E. Lupus Foundation.
This donation will help raise money and awareness for the support, treatment and prevention of Lupus.
The S.L.E. Lupus Foundation, headquartered in New York City with a West Coast division in Los Angeles, is the country's preeminent nonprofit organization providing direct patient services, education, public awareness and funding for novel lupus research on the national level.
Hailed by Variety as an "engaging neighborhood pic...with genuine flair and wit," Love Simple is a coming-of-age romance whose lead female character Seta (Patrizia Hernandez) suffers from lupus. Seta falls in love after meeting Adam (Francisco Solorzano) in a Brooklyn Laundromat; however, both must deal with lies and personal situations in order for their relationship to survive.
"The fact that Seta's character leads a full and vibrant life, despite dealing with complications from lupus, is a very important message that the film communicates," states Mark von Sternberg, the director of Love Simple. "Also, the film accurately shows the often misunderstood symptoms and issues associated with the illness. It made sense for us to help shine a light on lupus and raise funds for this vital organization."
According to the S.L.E. Lupus Foundation, nearly 1.5 million Americans suffer from systemic lupus erythematosus (S.L.E.), commonly called lupus, a chronic autoimmune disorder that can affect virtually any organ of the body. In lupus, the body's immune system, which normally functions to protect against foreign invaders, becomes hyperactive, forming antibodies that attack normal tissues and organs, including the skin, joints, kidneys, brain, heart, lungs, and blood.
"We are so grateful for the offer of help from Love Simple," says Foundation Executive Director Margaret G. Dowd. "The inspiring and engaging film is a realistic portrayal of a lupus patient, and will serve as an invaluable way for us to raise awareness of a disease that is a leading cause of heart attack, kidney disease, and stroke among young women."
Love Simple has screened in numerous film festivals around the world. The film also stars Caitlin Fitzgerald, who received critical acclaim as the daughter of Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin in the blockbuster hit It's Complicated as well as internationally acclaimed playwright Israel Horovitz, in a rare and poignant performance as Adam's father.
To purchase Love Simple, visit iTunes or click directly at:
For more information about S.L.E. Lupus Foundation log onto www.lupusny.org or call toll free 800.74.LUPUS. To learn more about Love Simple, visit www.lovesimplethemovie.com.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Recreation Documents
- 1: LOVE LAND Film Features Breakthrough Cast with Disabilities : LOVE LAND endorsed by the Disability Cinema Coalition is an independent film focused on the disability rights movement that challenges disability stereotypes.
- 2: Morgan's Inspiration Island Accessible Splash Park : World's first ultra-accessible Splash Park now being built at Morgan's Wonderland in San Antonio, Texas.
- 3: Deaf Comedian Tom Willard Performs at Caroline's on Broadway : Sign Language on Broadway - Deaf Rochester standup comedian performs at celebrated comedy club Carolines on Broadway.
- 4: Disabled Vets Receive Free Lifetime Access to U.S. National Parks : U.S. Senate passes S.327 Wounded Veterans Recreation Act allowing all veterans with service-connected disabilities free lifetime entry to US national parks and federal land.
- 5: Alice Sheppard and Kinetic Light Present NY Premiere of DESCENT : Alice Sheppard and Kinetic Light present New York Premiere of DESCENT, exploring the potent intersection of disability, dance, design, and technology at New York Live Arts March 22, 23, 24.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: S.L.E. Lupus Foundation. Electronic Publication Date: 2010-06-11. Title: Love Simple - iTune Film to Raise Awareness for Lupus, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/entertainment/love-simple.php>Love Simple - iTune Film to Raise Awareness for Lupus</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-17, from https://www.disabled-world.com/entertainment/love-simple.php - Reference: DW#43-4294.