Love Simple - iTune Film to Raise Awareness for Lupus
Author: S.L.E. Lupus Foundation
Synopsis and Key Points:
Producers of romantic comedy Love Simple donating 30 percent of proceeds from film's sale to S.L.E. Lupus Foundation.
Main DigestThe producers of the romantic comedy Love Simple are donating 30 percent of the proceeds from the film's sale on the iTunes Store (www.iTunes.com) beginning June 14 through June 21 to the S.L.E. Lupus Foundation.
This donation will help raise money and awareness for the support, treatment and prevention of Lupus.
The S.L.E. Lupus Foundation, headquartered in New York City with a West Coast division in Los Angeles, is the country's preeminent nonprofit organization providing direct patient services, education, public awareness and funding for novel lupus research on the national level.
Hailed by Variety as an "engaging neighborhood pic...with genuine flair and wit," Love Simple is a coming-of-age romance whose lead female character Seta (Patrizia Hernandez) suffers from lupus. Seta falls in love after meeting Adam (Francisco Solorzano) in a Brooklyn Laundromat; however, both must deal with lies and personal situations in order for their relationship to survive.
"The fact that Seta's character leads a full and vibrant life, despite dealing with complications from lupus, is a very important message that the film communicates," states Mark von Sternberg, the director of Love Simple. "Also, the film accurately shows the often misunderstood symptoms and issues associated with the illness. It made sense for us to help shine a light on lupus and raise funds for this vital organization."
According to the S.L.E. Lupus Foundation, nearly 1.5 million Americans suffer from systemic lupus erythematosus (S.L.E.), commonly called lupus, a chronic autoimmune disorder that can affect virtually any organ of the body. In lupus, the body's immune system, which normally functions to protect against foreign invaders, becomes hyperactive, forming antibodies that attack normal tissues and organs, including the skin, joints, kidneys, brain, heart, lungs, and blood.
"We are so grateful for the offer of help from Love Simple," says Foundation Executive Director Margaret G. Dowd. "The inspiring and engaging film is a realistic portrayal of a lupus patient, and will serve as an invaluable way for us to raise awareness of a disease that is a leading cause of heart attack, kidney disease, and stroke among young women."
Love Simple has screened in numerous film festivals around the world. The film also stars Caitlin Fitzgerald, who received critical acclaim as the daughter of Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin in the blockbuster hit It's Complicated as well as internationally acclaimed playwright Israel Horovitz, in a rare and poignant performance as Adam's father.
To purchase Love Simple, visit iTunes or click directly at:
For more information about S.L.E. Lupus Foundation log onto www.lupusny.org or call toll free 800.74.LUPUS. To learn more about Love Simple, visit www.lovesimplethemovie.com.
- 1 - Disabled Vets Receive Free Lifetime Access to U.S. National Parks : United States Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs (2020/06/26)
- 2 - Deaf Comedian Tom Willard Performs at Caroline's on Broadway : Tom Willard (2018/12/22)
- 3 - Alice Sheppard and Kinetic Light Present NY Premiere of DESCENT : Mariclare Hulbert, Lisa Niedermeyer, Alice Sheppard (2018/03/04)
- 4 - Black Heart Actor Shawn McClain Gives Breakthrough Performance : DAG Consulting (2011/07/20)
- 5 - Musical Putnam is an Uplifting Hit : Dionysus Theatre (2010/06/20)
- 6 - Films Involving or Featuring Disabilities : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/05/12)
- 7 - Free Things to Do On the Weekend When Bored : Disabled World (2017/10/22)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.