Complete Workout with Three Yoga Exercises
Author: Summer N Banks
Synopsis and Key Points:
Working out with yoga exercises is a relaxing form of exercise that not only heals the mind but the body as well.
Main DigestWorking out with yoga exercises is a relaxing form of exercise that not only heals the mind but the body as well. Basic yoga can be learned through a teacher or at home. With a little instruction and practice, you will find the inner peace yoga offers. With the use of these three simple yoga positions, you can warm up, stretch and exercise in a matter of minutes.
Yoga is a relaxing form of exercise that not only heals the mind but the body as well.
Basic yoga can be learned through a teacher or at home. With a little instruction and practice, you will find the inner peace yoga offers.
Three basic yoga positions and descriptions are:
The Sukhasana is a starting position in yoga.
To perform this position start by sitting on the floor cross-legged or Indian style.
Next, place the hands on the knees. As with all yoga, one must breathe deeply and concentrate on their inner well-being. With the Sukhasana position deep breathing is at the core of performance.
Take several deep breaths very slowly. On the inhale, fill the lungs completely and raise the arms above the head. As you release the breath, you will also release the arms; moving them slowly down to the starting position on the knees.
The Tadasana or Mountain position helps increase a person's awareness of self as well as significantly improving balance and posture.
To begin this yoga position, stand on a hard flat surface with your feet together. You will be placing your hands at your sides. You will want to concentrate on feeling the entire foot on the floor. The feeling should resemble your foot in mud.
The toes, heel, palm and center of the foot should meld into the floor.
Next, you will pull your breast bone forward and toward the sky. Raise your chin toward the ceiling and look up with conviction. You will be stretching the neck and spine up and out.
Plant your hands into the floor. Stretching each finger out and down. Elongating every joint. Holding each of these stretches strong and tall is truly important for this pose.
In the final stages, you will press your feet into the floor and push up toward the ceiling. This will raise the legs and all muscles throughout the legs into the same stretch position. Hold this position for 10 long, deep breaths. After every two breaths raise your arms to the sky and stretch your arms toward the ceiling like branches on a tree.
The Virabhadrasana II or the Warrior II is a strength building position for both arms and legs.
Using the Mountain pose explained above, spread the feet apart four to five feet.
Turn the left foot to the left 45 degrees.
Turn the back foot to the left 90 degrees.
These turns should place the feet perpendicular to each other.
You will now easily bend the front leg down until the top of the leg or the thigh is parallel with the floor.
Make sure when bending to keep the knee over the ankle.
The final movement of the pose is arm stretch. Stretch both arms toward the ceiling, again like branches on a tree.
Move the left arm forward and the right arm backward. Hold this position in deep breathing mode for five deep breaths.
Come back to center, Mountain position and repeat the pose on the other side.
With the use of these three simple yoga positions, you can warm up, stretch and exercise in a matter of minutes. Yoga is a great way to become one with your inner self and exercise your mind, soul and spirit.
- 1 - Live Seated Yoga Classes for Seniors and Disabled : Adaptive Yoga Network (2020/04/27)
- 2 - Yoga for Men Announces Yoga for Veterans Program : Yoga for Men, LLC (2016/11/10)
- 3 - Yoga Found to be Helpful for Lower Back Pain : UM SOM (2017/02/07)
- 4 - Chair Yoga An Effective Alternative Treatment For Osteoarthritis : Florida Atlantic University (2017/01/12)
- 5 - Benefits of Yoga for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia : European League Against Rheumatism (2011/05/26)
- 6 - Yoga for Arthritis Symptoms & Mood : Johns Hopkins Medicine (2015/09/16)
- 7 - Yoga Provides Benefits to Women with Breast Cancer : Wiley-Blackwell (2009/02/25)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.