2011 Annual Enrollment Period for Seniors
- Publish Date: 2010/12/17
- Author: Health Plan One
Outline: Time is Running Out for Seniors in the 2011 Annual Enrollment Period.
Main DigestTime is Running Out for Seniors in the 2011 Annual Enrollment Period.
Health Plan One, a general agent in the online health insurance market, reminds seniors that the 2011 Annual Enrollment Period, the only opportunity for them to make changes to their Medicare Advantage plans, ends December 31. Medicare Solutions offers the free guidance of experienced, licensed Medicare specialists to seniors when reviewing their Medicare Advantage, Medicare supplement or Part D Drug Coverage.
Seniors should be aware of certain carrier changes and plan eliminations:
1. Several carriers have been suspended from issuing new Medicare Advantage policies in 2011 by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for plan violations. Existing policyholders can renew their plans but in many areas, the suspensions limit the number of carriers offering plans.
2. Carriers are eliminating most Private Fee for Service (PFFS) plans. Most seniors with PFFS plans will need to choose a new Medicare Advantage plan or consider a Medicare supplement plan or Part D Drug Coverage plan.
3. Some Medicare supplement plans E, H, I and J are no longer available. Those currently enrolled in these plans can renew.
Seniors pleased with the service and benefits of their plans are not required to make changes. However, they should review any plan information from their carrier and check their plan's formulary, as these often change each year.
It is important to note Medicare supplements can be purchased at any time of the year. Initially, seniors can enroll in a Medicare supplement plan starting from the day you turn 65 and during the next six months. However, Part D Drug Coverage enrollment is only allowed between November 15 and December 31. The only exceptions to this Part D Drug Coverage rule are if a person turns 65, moves to a different state, or begins a low income drug subsidy.
ABOUT Health Plan One, LLC -Founded in 2005, Health Plan One holds licenses in all 50 states and is appointed with all major national and most regional carriers.
Seniors needing help with their Medicare coverage may find a more affordable option by using MedicareSolutions.com or by speaking with our knowledgeable licensed agents. Medicare experts are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, to answer questions and to assist users. (800) 328-7305
- 1 - New Year Resolutions for Grandparents | Disabled World | 2009/01/02
- 2 - Things Seniors Can No Longer Manage to Do | John T Jones, Ph.D. | 2009/03/23
- 3 - Older Americans and the Recession Crisis | University of Michigan | 2009/09/17
- 4 - Educating Elderly Regarding Prevention of Falling | Balanced for Life Program | 2010/09/24
- 5 - Hospitalizations for Pneumonia in Seniors Linked to Air Pollution | McMaster University | 2009/12/23
- 6 - 79% of U.S. Seniors Think Millionaires Need to Start Paying Their Fair Share | The Senior Citizens League (TSCL) | 2017/02/10
- 7 - Baby Boomers See Retirement Delayed At Least 4 Years | American Institute of Certified Public Accountants | 2011/02/18
- 8 - Senate Health Bill Buries Biggest Medicaid Cuts Using Insufficient Inflation Adjustment | The Senior Citizens League | 2017/06/29
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media