Hankook Launches Hankook Heroes Recognition Program for American Veterans
Author: Hankook Tire America Corp. : Contact: HankookHeroes.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
Hankook renews partnership with Disabled American Veterans (DAV) and launches Hankook Heroes Recognition Program.
Hankook Tire America Corp. announced its renewed commitment to DAV (Disabled American Veterans) with an on-field check presentation yesterday at the Cincinnati Reds' Military Appreciation Day Game at the Great American Ball Park. During the ceremony, Hankook Tire America Corp. President Hee-Se Ahn presented DAV Executive Director Barry Jesinoski with a $150,000 check, which increases Hankook's support in helping to provide free services to veterans of all generations where they live. Additionally, Hankook is kicking off its Hankook Heroes program to honor those who have served our country.
Under the renewed partnership, Hankook will support DAV through:
- Sponsorship of select Hankook-DAV mobile service office stops in Arizona, Tennessee and Pennsylvania
- Continued veteran support including sponsorship of select RecruitMilitary veteran job fairs across the country, all Cincinnati Reds Military Appreciation Days throughout the 2016 baseball season, and the DAV 5K Atlanta, as well as involvement in the DAV National Convention, among other partnership activities
Through the Hankook Heroes program, anyone can recognize a hero who has served our country by sharing a photo and brief story in the Hankook Heroes online gallery. Heroes will be entered for a chance to receive a set of Hankook tires. For those looking to thank a hero in their life, please visit HankookHeroes.com.
"Hankook is proud to increase its partnership with DAV and launch the Hankook Heroes recognition program to further support and thank the men and women who have served," said Hee-Se Ahn, President, Hankook Tire America Corp. "Hankook is committed to helping the veteran community, and together with DAV, we know we can continue to help provide American veterans with access to receive the benefits and services they need following their military service."
Mobile Service Office Stops
As part of Hankook's commitment to helping people through mobility, Hankook will host four of this year's DAV Mobile Service Office (MSO) stops. MSO vehicles bring free services, such as assistance filing claims for Veteran Affairs benefits, directly to veterans where they live. This year, Hankook will bring DAV's MSO to service local veterans at;
- Discount Tire in Phoenix, on Sept. 14
- Gateway Tire in Gallatin, Tenn. on Sept. 15
- Gateway Tire in Clarksville, Tenn. on Sept. 16
- CJ's Tire in Philadelphia on Oct. 12
At the MSO stops, certified DAV National Service Officers will be available in the "office on wheels" to ensure veterans who sacrificed for the nation receive the benefits they earned.
"Hankook's increased partnership, including hosting four MSO stops this year, enables us to better fulfill our promise to serve America's veterans across the country," said Marc Burgess, DAV National Adjutant and CEO. "Whether it's helping veterans obtain access to benefits and services where they live, get new jobs, or improve their quality of life, we're so grateful for Hankook's continued support and dedication to helping the men and women who served."
Continued Veteran Support
To further Hankook and DAV's commitment to providing veterans with the benefits and services they need in their hometowns, Hankook will also sponsor 10 of DAV's RecruitMilitary veteran job fairs.
The upcoming Hankook sponsored job fairs include:
- Washington D.C. on June 23,
- Tampa on July 21
- Dallas on Aug. 25
- Miami on Sept. 8
- Atlanta on Oct. 2
- Minneapolis on Oct. 13
- San Diego on Dec. 1
The RecruitMilitary veteran job fairs connect veterans with employers looking to hire American veterans in order to help them get back into the workforce and able to care for their families. As part of the 2016 partnership, Hankook and DAV also co-sponsored all five of the Cincinnati Reds' Military Appreciation Day baseball games, and Hankook will participate in the DAV National Convention on July 31-Aug. 3 and the DAV 5K Atlanta on Nov. 12.
For more information on Hankook and DAV's continued partnership visit dav.org/hankook
- 1 - Disabled Vets and Some Caregivers Can Soon Shop in Army & Air Force Exchange Service Stores : U.S. DoD (2019/11/15)
- 2 - Hearing Disability - Age or Prior Activities? : Thomas C. Weiss (2011/03/20)
- 3 - Drexel Universities offers New Veterans a Free Degree! : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/04)
- 4 - No Property Tax for Some Disabled Vets in Texas : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/05)
- 5 - The National Resource Directory Website for Veterans : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/11)
- 6 - VA Experiencing Increase in Disability Claims : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/19)
- 7 - SUDS - Soldiers Undertaking Disabled Scuba : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.