2017 Veterans Wheelchair Games Cincinnati
Author: Paralyzed Veterans of America : Contact: pva.org
Published: 2017-07-14 : (Rev. 2018-03-15)
Synopsis and Key Points:
The largest annual wheelchair sports event the 37th National Veterans Wheelchair Games comes to Cincinnati, Ohio on July 17-22.
At this momentous event, paralyzed veterans and disabled military will compete in 18 events including air guns, track and bowling.
The Games are presented each year by the Paralyzed Veterans of America (Paralyzed Veterans) and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), with additional support from numerous corporate and community sponsors.
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- More than 600 athletes, all military veterans in wheelchairs
The National Veterans Wheelchair Games,in its 37th year, is co-hosted by Paralyzed Veterans of America and the Department of Veterans Affairs. This year's events take place in Cincinnati, July 17-22. Follow all on social media with the #NVWG hashtag! For more information, visit wheelchairgames.org
The largest annual wheelchair sports event in the world--the National Veterans Wheelchair Games--will be held in Cincinnati, Ohio, this year where approximately 600 veteran athletes from across the United States, Puerto Rico and Great Britain will compete throughout an exciting week of competition, camaraderie and fun.
The Wheelchair Games include 18 events:
Air guns, archery, basketball, boccia, bowling, field, handcycling, a motorized wheelchair rally, nine ball, power soccer, quad rugby, slalom, softball, swimming, table tennis, track, trapshooting and weightlifting.
Veteran athletes compete in all events against others with similar athletic ability, competitive experience or age. Gold, silver and bronze medals are awarded to the winners of each event.
Admission is free and open to the public.
The community is encouraged to attend.
For more information, including a full schedule of events and registration information please visit www.wheelchairgames.org or download the NVWG mobile app on Google Play or the Apple app store.
And be sure to follow #NVWG hashtag on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram throughout the week for videos, photos and special messages from supporters within sports, music, film and television industries.
The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are presented annually by Paralyzed Veterans of America and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
The Games are open to all U.S. military veterans who use wheelchairs for sports competition as a result of spinal cord injury, certain neurological conditions, amputations or other mobility impairments.
The Paralyzed Veterans of America Buckeye Chapter and the Cincinnati VA Medical Center are the hosts of this year's Games.
Monday, July 17-22, 2017
Duke Energy Convention Center*
525 Elm Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
*Outdoor events held throughout the city. Visit www.wheelchairgames.org for locations.
- 1 - Move United: America's Community Based Adaptive Sports Organization : Susan Rossi (2020/05/05)
- 2 - Rabat the Capital of Morocco to Host African Para Games : The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2019/04/02)
- 3 - Portable Bocce Courts Could Expand Bocce Playing in Hong Kong : Packaworld (2018/10/15)
- 4 - Goalball UK Trials Revolutionary Portable Goalball Goals : Packaworld (2018/05/07)
- 5 - North Pole to be Made Wheelchair Accessible : Team Independence '09 (2009/03/30)
- 6 - Disability and Gender Equity in Sport : Canadian Heritage (2018/04/25)
- 7 - International Blind Sports Federation Paralympic Qualifier - Fort Wayne, IN - Summer 2019 : Visit Fort Wayne (2018/06/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.