2010 Boiling Point Wheelchair Track Classic
Author: Government of Canada
Synopsis and Key Points:
Government of Canada Supports the 2010 Boiling Point Wheelchair Track Classic.
Main DigestGovernment of Canada Supports the 2010 Boiling Point Wheelchair Track Classic
On behalf of the Honorable Gary Lunn, Minister of State (Sport), the Honorable Diane Finley, Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development and Member of Parliament (Haldimand-Norfolk), today announced funding for Athletics Canada in support of the 2010 Boiling Point Wheelchair Track Classic.
"Our Government is proud to support the fourth edition of the Boiling Point Wheelchair Track Classic," said Minister Finley. "Since 2007, this annual competition for athletes with disabilities has consistently attracted an international field of participants, and as the competition intensifies, it is generating increased interest. By supporting events like this one, our Government is promoting greater awareness of Paralympic sports, as well as encouraging Canadians with disabilities to participate in sport."
"Athletics Canada applauds this funding from the Government for the Boiling Point Wheelchair Classic, one of the main events in our strategy for organizing international events," said Joanne Mortimore, Chief Executive Officer of Athletics Canada. "Boiling Point gives our Canadian athletes a unique opportunity to compete at a world level on home soil."
The fourth edition of the Boiling Point Wheelchair Track Classic will be held on Saturday, July 10, 2010, at the University of Windsor Stadium. The event will attract more than 200 athletes from across Canada, Mexico, the United States, and Japan.
The Government of Canada is the single largest contributor to sport in Canada and supports participation and excellence from the playground to the podium. A contribution of $50,000 is being provided to the 2010 Boiling Point Wheelchair Track Classic through Sport Canada's Hosting Program.
- 1 - Move United: America's Community Based Adaptive Sports Organization : Susan Rossi (2020/05/05)
- 2 - Rabat the Capital of Morocco to Host African Para Games : The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2019/04/02)
- 3 - Portable Bocce Courts Could Expand Bocce Playing in Hong Kong : Packaworld (2018/10/15)
- 4 - Goalball UK Trials Revolutionary Portable Goalball Goals : Packaworld (2018/05/07)
- 5 - North Pole to be Made Wheelchair Accessible : Team Independence '09 (2009/03/30)
- 6 - Disability and Gender Equity in Sport : Canadian Heritage (2018/04/25)
- 7 - International Blind Sports Federation Paralympic Qualifier - Fort Wayne, IN - Summer 2019 : Visit Fort Wayne (2018/06/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.