Registration Now Open for Turnstone Endeavor Games - April 20-22, 2018
Synopsis: Registration now open for Turnstone Endeavor Games, an opportunity for athletes with physical disabilities to participate in sporting events on a competitive level.1
Author: Crystal Cully Contact: VisitFortWayne.com
Published: 2018-03-17 Updated: 2018-06-20
Registration is now open through April 13, 2018 for the 2nd Annual Turnstone Endeavor Games, an opportunity for athletes with physical disabilities to participate in various sporting events on a competitive level, April 20-22, 2018.
The Turnstone Endeavor Games is the first competitive weekend in the Endeavor Games series culminating at the 19th Annual UCO Endeavor Games in June.
The 2018 Turnstone Endeavor Games include 9 sports:
- Air rifle shooting
- Sitting volleyball
- Power soccer
- Track and field
- Wheelchair basketball
Man participating in a wheelchair race
The games will open on Friday, April 20 with a day of sports clinics and a welcome party for athletes, coaches and families at the Plassman Athletic Center at Turnstone.
The first competitive events begin with Track and Field at 8:00am on April 21st, at Homestead High School and continues through Sunday.
"Turnstone is proud to bring the Endeavor Games spirit to the Midwest through our partnership with the University of Central Oklahoma," said Mike Mushett, CEO of Turnstone. "The Turnstone Endeavor Games welcomes athletes of all ages, military veterans, and their families to join us for a weekend of exciting competition."
To view a complete schedule of the 2018 Turnstone Endeavor Games or for more information about athlete or volunteer registration, visit www.endeavorgames.com/fortwayne/
Volunteers are needed for a variety of positions. Each shift will last no more than four hours, and each volunteer will receive a 2018 Turnstone Endeavor Games t-shirt.
Turnstone Endeavor Games events will be held at four sites across Fort Wayne and admission is free and open to the public.
- Air rifle shooting clinics and competition will take place at The-X-Count Shooting Range (5301 Merchandise Dr, Fort Wayne, IN 46825).
- Boccia, goalball, power soccer, sitting volleyball, wheelchair basketball events will take place at the Plassman Athletic Center at Turnstone (3320 N. Clinton St., Fort Wayne, IN, 46835).
- Track & Field events will be held at Homestead High School (4310 Homestead Rd, Fort Wayne, IN, 46814).
- Swimming clinics and competition will be held at Carrol High School Natatorium (3903 Carroll Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46818).
The Endeavor Games series is supported by national partners Turnstone Center, U.S. Paralympics, Disabled Sports USA, and Hanger Clinic and the Turnstone Endeavor Games is supported by local partners Visit Fort Wayne and Touchstone Energy Cooperatives-Your Local REMC.
- 1: Move United: America's Community Based Adaptive Sports Organization : Susan Rossi (2020/05/05)
- 2: Doha 2015 Launches My Incredible Story - IPC Athletics World Championships : Hill+Knowlton Strategies (2015/09/10)
- 3: Doha 2015 Best IPC Athletics World Championships to Date : Hill+Knowlton Strategies (2015/11/03)
- 4: United Through Sports 2020 World Virtual Youth Festival : IPC : The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2020/10/07)
- 5: IWBF's Non-compliance with 2015 IPC Athlete Classification Code : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2020/09/04)
- 6: Rabat the Capital of Morocco to Host African Para Games : The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2019/04/02)
- 7: Portable Bocce Courts Could Expand Bocce Playing in Hong Kong : Packaworld (2018/10/15)
Disclaimer: Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Disclosure: Disabled World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.
<b>Journal:</b> <i>Disabled World</i>. Language: English. Author: Crystal Cully. Electronic Publication Date: 2018-03-17. Last Revised Date: 2018-06-20. Reference Title: <i>Registration Now Open for Turnstone Endeavor Games - April 20-22, 2018</i>, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/sports/news/teg.php>Registration Now Open for Turnstone Endeavor Games - April 20-22, 2018</a>. Abstract: Registration now open for Turnstone Endeavor Games, an opportunity for athletes with physical disabilities to participate in sporting events on a competitive level. Retrieved 2021-02-25, from https://www.disabled-world.com/sports/news/teg.php - Reference Category Number: DW#36-13317.