Greek Peak Disability Adaptive Sports
Author: Greek Peak Mountain Resort
Published: 2010-03-04 : (Rev. 2010-06-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Greek Peak Mountain Resort has been committed to a comprehensive adaptive ski program since 1974.
Main DigestGreek Peak Adaptive Sports For The Disabled Holds 5th Annual Challenge Week - Individuals with Physical Disabilities Soar on the Slopes...
Greek Peak Mountain Resort has been committed to a comprehensive adaptive ski program since 1974, constructing a dedicated training center and supporting the volunteer organization that provides instruction, as well as offering reduced rate lift tickets on weekends for skiers and snowboarders with disabilities.
This year, January 31 - February 4, Greek Peak Adaptive Sports, the non-profit organization responsible for the training program held its 5th Annual Challenge at Greek Peak Mountain Resort. Individuals with physical handicaps were offered the opportunity to register on a first-come, first-serve basis for scholarships to the program that included everything from food and lodging to instruction and equipment rentals.
Talented professional trainers, including program sponsors Dr. Robert B. Weber and daughter Dr. Elizabeth Weber, volunteer their time to guide participants through intense instruction, introducing them to the thrill of snow sports and challenging them to move beyond limitations.
"I was extremely impressed with the volunteer staff," says Greg Callen, a participant in Challenge Week. "It's clear that these talented individuals feel such an intrinsic pleasure in what they do that a smile and a thank you is all the reward they require."
"It's so fulfilling to see the determination and enjoyment on the faces of the program participants each year," says Jim Cappellett, program president. "That's what makes this all worthwhile and we couldn't do it without our dedicated volunteers, like the Webers."
A commitment to continuous improvement and to following his dreams led owner and president, Al Kryger to expand the resort recently. Hope Lake Lodge and Indoor Water-park opened in fall, 2009 adding to the four-season appeal of the resort and strengthening the family friendly atmosphere.
Visit www.greekpeakmtnresort.com for information on quarter-share condo sales, hotel and spa reservations, skiing or the many other programs offered at Greek Peak Mountain Resort.
- 1: Adaptive Clothing for Skiers with Disabilities : Ski 2 Freedom (2010/06/21)
- 2: Adaptive Skiing: General Overview : Disabled World (2017/12/19)
- 3: Adaptive Sit Skiing Information : Disabled World (2009/01/24)
- 4: Special Olympics and Alpine Skiing : Disabled World (2010/07/07)
- 5: Paralympics Adaptive Cross Country Skiing : Disabled World (2008/12/22)
- 6: Guide to North American Adaptive Skiing Resorts : Ben Walker (2014/11/05)
- 7: Ice Sledge Hockey: General Information : Disabled World (2017/12/18)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.