John Roberts Disability Travel Challenge
- Publish Date: 2008/12/30 - (Rev. 2010/06/27)
- Author: Disabled World
Outline: Wheelchair bound John Roberts is putting facilities for disabled travelers to the test on a month long trip.
Main DigestJohn Roberts, a Wheelchair bound man and holidaymaker, is putting
facilities for disabled travelers to the test on a month long trip.
John has been in a wheelchair for the last 14 years and is embarking on a 32 day trip through Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and Hong Kong using various modes of transport and accommodation, from airlines to car transfers and hotels to cruise ships.
John will be telling www.travelweekly.co.uk about his journey through a range of reports over the next month.
John said: "I'm looking forward to this trip - it's really special. I am really scared what we are going to encounter on the way."
From John's website:
"I am sure many people with a disability will be aware just how difficult it is to make travel arrangements in this situation, finding out about access and overcoming the common response from travel companies "We are not specialists in disabled travel" when trying to gain simple information to ensure suitability before making that booking."
You can visit www.travelweekly.co.uk and follow John's travels via Google Maps. You can also visit John's own website at www.equallywelcome.com and read some of his travel reviews and adventures as a disabled traveler.
Note: John Roberts' name has been changed to protect his identity during his trip.
- 1 - Accomable Launches U.S. Headquarters in Austin, Texas | Accomable (2016/04/01)
- 2 - Virtual Tours Removes Travel Limitations - Beyond Our Boundaries | Beyond Our Boundaries (2018/03/30)
- 3 - Amtrak Everyday Rail Travel Discounts | Disabled World (2018/09/06)
- 4 - Traveling with Oxygen Travel Tips | Philip Robinson (2009/08/29)
- 5 - Summer Vacation With Seniors or Disabled Means Additional Planning for Caregivers | The CareGiver Partnership (2010/05/26)