Virtual Tours Removes Travel Limitations - Beyond Our Boundaries
Author: Beyond Our Boundaries (i) : Contact: bobvirtualtours.com
Published: 2018-03-30 : (Rev. 2019-12-10)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Virtual Tours Vacation Box for people with developmental disabilities is an affordable and educational subscription-based box dedicated to creating travel experiences for people with disabilities.
We created the Virtual Tour Vacation Box as a way to extend travel experiences to those who have difficulty taking conventional vacations due to limitations physically, monetarily or geographically.
Over the next few years, we hope to provide a variety of boxes from exciting locations all around the country.
Individuals with developmental disabilities can now explore a new city from the comfort of their own homes.
The Beyond Our Boundaries Virtual Tours Vacation Box is an affordable and educational way for people with developmental disabilities to encounter thrilling travel experiences firsthand.
It is the first subscription-based box dedicated to creating travel experiences for people with disabilities.
The Virtual Tours Vacation Box includes an engaging 30-minute video hosted by a self-advocate, travel souvenirs and interactive materials to spark discussion with a caregiver or family member.
Beyond Our Boundaries Founder Debra Shumard, explained the inspiration for the box;
"We created the Virtual Tour Vacation Box as a way to extend travel experiences to those who have difficulty taking conventional vacations due to limitations physically, monetarily or geographically."
The first location for the Virtual Tours Vacation Box is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Individuals will be guided through the "Steel City" through the eyes of travel guide and self-advocate, Bob.
Viewers will experience the breathtaking Pittsburgh incline, set sail on the Gateway Clipper and discover new facts at the Carnegie Science Center, all through the eyes of someone with a developmental disability.
The first Beyond Our Boundaries Virtual Tour Vacation Box takes you on an exciting trip to Pittsburgh.
Beyond Our Boundaries also focuses on bringing the joy of travel to individuals with developmental disabilities through chaperoned trips of a lifetime to destinations like California, the Grand Canyon, Boston and London.
The trips include a 1:3 chaperone supervision ratio, meals, lodging, transportation, activities and a personalized photo book mailed after the trip. Caregivers and family members can rest easy knowing their loved ones are in capable hands.
When discussing the future of the company, Shumard added;
"Over the next few years, we hope to provide a variety of boxes from exciting locations all around the country. We believe one of the greatest benefits of traveling is the connection you make with fellow travelers. We also hope to help people who purchase the vacation boxes to connect to one another to create meaningful experiences and friendships that will last a lifetime."
Beyond Our Boundaries
Beyond Our Boundaries has been committed to creating travel experiences for people with developmental disabilities since 2001.
The company was founded by Debra Shumard, a certified therapeutic recreation specialist who serves as a guardian for her adult brother with autism.
Beyond Our Boundaries offers chaperoned trips of a lifetime for developmentally disabled adults to national and international locations in hopes of bringing individuals with disabilities together for friendships and to set the stage for creating an active social life - bobvirtualtours.com
(i)Source/Reference: Beyond Our Boundaries . Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Advice on Traveling with a Catheter : Aeroflow (2017/07/17)
- 2 - Tips to Make Traveling with a Disability Easier : Helen Hecker (2008/12/24)
- 3 - Free U.S. Federal Parks and Recreation Access Pass for Persons with Disabilities : Disabled World (2009/07/15)
- 4 - Paralympian to Lead Malawi Expedition Combating Disability Stigma : Orbis Expeditions (2020/02/22)
- 5 - Accomable Launches U.S. Headquarters in Austin, Texas : Accomable (2016/04/01)
- 6 - Virtual Tours Removes Travel Limitations - Beyond Our Boundaries : Beyond Our Boundaries (2018/03/30)
- 7 - Amtrak Everyday Rail Travel Discounts : Disabled World (2018/09/06)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.