Care4Kids App - Akron Children's Hospital
Author: Akron Children's Hospital
Synopsis and Key Points:
Care4Kids App is currently available for the iPhone iPod Touch and iPad the Android version is coming soon.
Main DigestAkron Children's Hospital launched its first mobile app, Care4Kids, in March. Developed especially for parents, Care4Kids is currently available for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. It will be available for the Android in May.
In addition to general health and hospital information, Care4Kids lets parents store their family's medical history, including insurance and provider information, medications, allergies, emergency contacts and more.
Parents can password-protect this information and easily share it using Bluetooth technology.
"Our goal was to develop a mobile app that parents would find useful," said Andrea Joliet, assistant director of Interactive Marketing & Public Relations at Akron Children's Hospital. "As a parent, I know how important it is to have easy access to this type of information, when I need it, wherever I need it. And as an app junkie, I really wanted to create something practical and valuable for parents."
There are currently more than 4,200 healthcare apps available on the Apple platform, and about 500 for Android users, according to Mobile Health News. This number will continue to grow, with an estimated 500,000 people expected to use healthcare mobile applications by 2015.
"Mobile technology is changing the way we communicate," Joliet said. "It offers tremendous opportunities in healthcare."
Akron Children's Hospital iPhone app
In addition to storing family health records, Care4Kids also features:
Tips to Grow By health information articles
Videos on a range of timely child health topics
Get Well eCards for patients admitted to the hospital
Am I Germy, a tool to show the contagiousness of common infections
Find-A-Doc, a tool to find a pediatrician or pediatric specialist and request an appointment
Hospital locations, phone numbers, news, events and more are also accessible through the app.
To download the free app, search for "Care4Kids" in the iTunes Store, or visit itunes.apple.com/us/app/care4kids/id417964813mt=8.
About Akron Children's Hospital - Akron Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare provider in northeast Ohio. We care for nearly 600,000 patients annually at two freestanding hospitals and offer services at more than 80 locations.
Akron Children's also serves as a major teaching affiliate of Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy, and offers a number of pediatric sub-specialty fellowship training programs.
In addition, we are committed to finding ways to improve the prevention and treatment of pediatric illnesses through research. For more information, visit www.akronchildrens.org
- 1 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 2 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 3 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 4 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 5 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 6 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 7 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.