GI Monitor App - Crohn's and Colitis Mobile Tracking App from WellApps
Author: WellApps, INC.
Synopsis and Key Points:
WellApps announces the newest release of GI Monitor a symptom tracking app for (IBD) Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis patients.
Main DigestGI Monitor, Leading (IBD) Crohn's and Colitis Mobile Tracking App from WellApps, Upgrades User-base and Platform as Creator Recovers from Surgery.
WellApps, Inc. announced today the newest release of GI Monitor, its symptom tracking app for (IBD) Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis.
Co-Founder Edward Shin, MD, says, "We're particularly excited about the new release since GI Monitor has recently quadrupled its user-base. This scale is providing some powerful real-time data and we know what an engaged mobile community can mean for patients."
One of those patients is Brett Shamosh, creator of GI Monitor and Co-Founder of WellApps, who has a personal passion for the potential of mobile health. After twenty years with Ulcerative Colitis, Brett chose to undergo a colectomy to prevent colon cancer and is recovering in the hospital as GI Monitor's newest features are being released. "Removing my colon was a very tough decision and I wanted to have more data at my fingertips when I made it. I'm hopeful that emerging mobile communication technologies will lead to better-informed decisions and improved quality of life."
GI Monitor allows (IBD), Crohn's and Colitis patients to easily track symptoms, share reports with their doctors and use interactive charts to make correlations between symptoms, diet and medications.
The newest release includes an updated web-app that allows patients to compare their symptoms and medications to the averages within their diagnosis. Another new feature of the mobile apps is called "Photo Therapy", which encourages users to share photos of things that make them smile.
WellApps develops and distributes symptom tracking applications for patients with chronic illnesses.
The data collected is compiled into easy-to-read reports for physicians, resulting in optimal patient treatment and reduced periods of active disease.
Patients can also access interactive charts to see correlations between symptoms and understand how compliance to medication affects their well-being.
De-identified data from our patient population is collected anonymously and shared with researchers to make progress in the treatment of chronic illnesses.
GI Monitor is free to patients and is currently available in the iTunes Store, Android Market and at www.wellapps.com
- 1 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 2 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 3 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 4 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 5 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 6 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 7 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.