Learn American Sign Language App for iPhone and iPad
Published : 2011-05-10
Author : Select Publishing Group
Synopsis* : The new iPhone and iPad App to learn American Sign Language is a simple and fun way to learn signing.
Main DigestLearn American Sign Language is a simple and fun way to learn signing, covering such useful topics as Greetings, Emergency Situations and more.
Try a different approach to learning sign language with the new Learn American Sign Language app for iPhone and iPad.
Learn American Sign Language combines video lessons, text and a quiz to teach basic ASL skills.
In 9 easy-to-follow video lessons, professional sign language interpreter Renee Moore will teach you the basic skills needed to communicate with deaf friends, family, customers and co-workers.
Each lesson is accompanied by text that follows the video. Read along with the text as you watch the videos, then take a fun quiz to find out what you've learned.
The innovative VidBook format is intuitive to use and lets you quickly navigate with the swipe of a finger.
Featured Topics Include:
- Home & Family
- Words & Numbers
- Open Captions
- The Manual Alphabet
- Meetings & Greetings
- Emergency Situations
- Everyday Communication
Learn American Sign Language is available on the iTunes App Store itunes.apple.com/us/app/learn-american-sign-language/id435624458
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Disability Apps Documents
- 1: KNFB Reader App: Sight for People with Vision Disability : App allows people who are blind to listen to audio, read back printed text from menus in restaurants, to browsing handouts in the classroom.
- 2: Google Glass App Real Time Closed Captioning : Researchers have created speech-to-text software for Google Glass that helps hard-of-hearing with everyday conversations.
- 3: Voiceitt Makes Alexa Accessible for Disabled : Voiceitt announces people with speech impairments will now be able to use the Voiceitt mobile app to access and interact with Amazon Alexa.
- 4: Sensory from Within Autism Discovery App : Sensory from Within App enables wide range of ages, abilities, and communication styles, to understand the Autism spectrum and gain tools, strategies, and understanding.
- 5: Autism & Beyond: Autism Facial Expressions App : Autism & Beyond App screens for autism by reading facial expressions of children for emotional cues.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Select Publishing Group. Electronic Publication Date: 2011-05-10. Title: Learn American Sign Language App for iPhone and iPad, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/learn-asl.php>Learn American Sign Language App for iPhone and iPad</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-18, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/apps/learn-asl.php - Reference: DW#468-7618.