PhotoClinic Mobile App for iPhone and iPad
Author: UBM Medica
Published: 2010-11-15 : (Rev. 2011-02-25)
Synopsis and Key Points:
With PhotoClinic Mobile users are able to search the image database by diagnosis symptoms treatment key words anatomy and image type.
Main DigestUBM Medica announced today that it has launched PhotoClinic Mobile, an iPhone and iPad application which enhances physicians' clinical proficiency through easy-to-find diagnoses and treatments.
Drawing from the popular DermClinic and PhotoClinic sections found on ConsultantLive.com, this application features images, submitted by primary care clinicians, all specially selected by the Consultant editorial staff for both their teaching value and seasonality. PhotoClinic Mobile is an easy-to-use tool intended to help physicians diagnose and treat their patients, right at the point-of-care.
Ninety-four percent of physicians are using smartphones to communicate, manage workflow, and access medical information, according to a report from Spyglass Consulting Group (2010 "Spyglass: Physician smartphone usage on the rise, along with concerns"). The study also displayed trends on how physicians are progressively adopting mobile communications at point-of-care to improve collaboration, productivity, patient care, and safety.
"Physicians are becoming increasingly dependent on mobile devices, such as the iPhone," says UBM Medica CEO, US, Sally Shankland. "With this app, UBM Medica continues to provide innovative solutions that enable physicians to increase their effectiveness, both at the point of care and beyond."
With PhotoClinic Mobile, users are able to:
Search the image database by diagnosis, symptoms, treatment, key words, anatomy, and image type (clinical photo, x-ray, MRI, CT scan)
Browse through the images library.
Submit their own photos to the editors at ConsultantLive
Send photos and diagnoses to colleagues.
To download the application, also available for iTouch and iPad, visit: itunes.apple.com/us/app/photoclinic-mobile/id398992941mt=8 .
For more information about PhotoClinic Mobile, please contact Amy Sklar at email@example.com or 508-416-3431.
About ConsultantLive.com -ConsultantLive.com features breaking medical news, search-able full text article index, clinical symposia, photoclinic, e-Photo Quiz, "What's Your Diagnosis," interactive polls and over 30 hours of free CME. The site offers a host of features that keeps its visitors informed and entertained.
About UBM Medica - Addressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica, a division of United Business Media Limited (UBM.L), delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach online, in print, live, and via custom programs. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers, payers, and patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, directories, drug databases and other electronic databases, Web sites, face-to-face meetings, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. US websites include PsychiatricTimes.com, CancerNetwork.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, ConsultantLive.com, PhysiciansPractice.com and SearchMedica.com. Employing more than 1,400 people with offices in 29 countries, UBM Medica is headquartered in London. For more information, visit www.ubmmedica.com
- 1 - Apps for All Accessible and Universal Technology Ideathon : Apps para todos (2016/06/01)
- 2 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 3 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 4 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 5 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 6 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 7 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.