Mobile Translation App for Hearing Impaired
Synopsis and Key Points:
Custom Designed Speech Recognition App Gives Hearing Impaired Unparalleled Freedom to Engage in Personal Multi-Language Conversations.
Main DigestSpeech Recognition App enables the hearing impaired to conduct real-time two-way conversations without the need for sign language or an in person translator.
SpeechTrans, a leader in app-based multi-language translation, announced today the launch of SpeechTrans Ultimate for Hearing Impaired. The new app enables the hearing impaired to conduct real-time two-way conversations in English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian and German and Mandarin Chinese without the need for sign language or an in-person translator.
With the new app, each person can simply speak out loud into the user's mobile device, and have the translated text automatically appear. Type-to-type translations are also available for situations that require quiet, or for those who have trouble speaking because of disability. It is difficult for hearing impaired individuals to determine when someone ends their part of the conversation, so the Hearing Impaired version can automatically detect when a person stops speaking, and immediately begin the translation.
The app stores can play back previous translations, without access to an internet connection. In this version the auto-translate feature can be turned off, allowing same language conversations. Information from other apps can also be cut and pasted into SpeechTrans, so it can be translated and read aloud to another individual.
SpeechTrans Ultimate for Hearing Impaired features Facebook chat integration which allows users to type in their native language and have the other party receive translated output on the SpeechTrans enabled iPhone or iPad, or directly as text on their computer.
The development of the Hearing Impaired version was prompted by a SpeechTrans customer in Spain who described the usefulness of such a product. The unique functionalities of SpeechTrans Ultimate for Hearing Impaired were built based upon direct feedback from hearing impaired users who provided guidance on needed features.
"For hearing-impaired individuals, the internet becomes such a huge part of their world, and is especially important for communication, said Yan Auerbach, Co-Founder of SpeechTrans. "With our new Hearing Impaired version, we are using the power of technology to enable richer in-person conversations across language barriers. Unlike other expensive translation products that only offer text to speech translation, we provide a more organic conversation at a fraction of the cost."
The Hearing Impaired app comes with 1,000 pre-loaded transcriptions that never expire, compared to 400 available in the SpeechTrans Ultimate app. Every usage of the app that requires voice recognition counts as one "transcription." Text-to-text and text-to-speech transcriptions are unlimited. An additional 100 transcriptions are available to users that utilize Facebook's "Suggest Friends" feature within the app.
Pricing for the SpeechTrans Ultimate Hearing Impaired app is $99, and the app is currently available in Apple's App Store.
About SpeechTrans: Launched in March 2010, SpeechTrans offers accurate multi-lingual person to person communication. SpeechTrans' apps can be used as a portable in-person translator and also mobile-to-mobile and mobile-to-text. Functionality with Facebook is enabled via Facebook's chat service and allows users to communicate in different languages with outstanding clarity and minimal translation processing delay. Learn more at www.speechtrans.com
- 1 - Apps for All Accessible and Universal Technology Ideathon : Apps para todos (2016/06/01)
- 2 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 3 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 4 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 5 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 6 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 7 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.