Sharecare YOU 3D VR Human Body Platform on HTC VIVE
Author: Sharecare(i) : Contact: sharecare.com
Published: 2017-09-29 : (Rev. 2018-04-30)
Synopsis and Key Points:
YOU VR gives healthcare providers, educators, students and patients visual 3D context to discuss and simulate body organ and system function, disease, and therapy.
Sharecare, the digital health company helping people manage all their health in one place, today announced the launch of YOU, its proprietary software platform that gives healthcare providers, educators, students and patients unprecedented visual context to discuss and accurately simulate healthy organ and system function, as well as disease, and therapy.
Available starting today on Viveport, the HTC VIVE™'s global VR app store, Sharecare founders Jeff Arnold and Mehmet Oz, MD announced the launch of the free app during today's closing keynote at Workforce Strategy 2017: Engaging For Change, a National Business Group on Health (NBGH) conference.
"At Sharecare, our mission is rooted in empowering everyone, no matter where they are on their health journey, to live their best lives, and we believe that technologies like virtual reality can move that idea forward exponentially," said Arnold, who also serves as Sharecare's chairman and CEO.
"Over the last year, HTC Vive has been an incredible partner as we have realized our vision to set the standard for visual health by creating the Google Maps of the human body. We're excited to put the power of our YOU platform into people's hands through Vive, and foster education, excitement and empathy as we help people truly understand what's happening inside their own bodies."
YOU App available for VIVE VR is a medically accurate, realistic, visual 3D representation of organs, diseases, and treatments for the human body.
Available today in virtual reality on HTC Vive, YOU by Sharecare facilitates the personalization of medicine and health by empowering users to freely navigate an anatomically and functionally accurate 3D model of a virtual human body and its individual organs, in real-time with unparalleled medical accuracy.
In addition to exploring 3D animations and realistic visual effects revealing how organs and systems actually work, YOU by Sharecare includes the ability to personalize physiological functions (such as heart rate), severity of disease and extent of therapy; and explore 360° rotations of organs and systems.
Over time, more content and features will be released into the platform, which soon will be available on multiple devices.
"VR has a tremendous potential to reframe how patients learn about both their body and medical conditions," said Daniel O'Brien, GM US, VIVE.
"With YOU, Sharecare has paired both health and education to deliver an entirely new way to learn about the human body - from within. At Vive, we couldn't be more excited to see how this begins to reshape medical education."
Starting today, YOU by Sharecare will be available to demo at your local Microsoft Store on HTC Vive, powered by Windows 10.
Customers in Austin will also have the chance to meet Dr. Oz at Microsoft Store at The Domain from 1:45 - 2:30 p.m. CT, where he will meet with customers, and provide them with one-on-one demonstrations of the virtual reality experience.
(i)Source/Reference: Sharecare. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Google Glass Holli App Assists Social Interactions for Children with ASD : Frontiers (2017/09/16)
- 2 - Your Computer Can Help Find Potential COVID-19 Treatments : IBM (2020/04/29)
- 3 - Development of Smartphone App for Early Detection of Autism : University at Buffalo (2016/11/11)
- 4 - Serving the Under-served : Health for Everyone App : Health for Everyone (2020/04/30)
- 5 - Unitron Coach App Enables Users to Take Control of Hearing Health : Unitron (2020/02/28)
- 6 - IVH HIT App Provides Coronavirus (CoViD-19) Prevention and Safety Tips : iValueHealth (2020/02/27)
- 7 - Sesame Enable App Turns Android into Touch-Free Smartphone : Sesame Enable (2016/05/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.