CES 2017: Videos of Disability Accessible Technology Products
Author: Disabled World
Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2017-01-05 - (Updated: 2018-10-07)
Video clips of new assistive technology and products for persons with disabilities unveiled at Consumer Electronics Show.
Disabled World highlights some of the best disability accessible technology featured at CES 2017, including interesting video clips and information showcasing assistive tech aids for blind, elderly, and wheelchair users accessible technology devices from the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Foot Powered VR and Gaming Controller
For gamers, designers, architects, and professionals who want to do more in their 360° environments, 3DRudder is the only product that makes VR movement easy - keeping your hands totally free.
3dRudder also works as a foot-operated 3D mouse for drones in the air and under water, and for CAD software and design.
More Information: 3dRudder - Foot Powered Virtual Reality and Gaming Controller.
Hyundai's Medical Exoskeleton
At CES 2017, carmaker Hyundai reveals the company's foray into robotics with an exoskeleton robotic suit design to help people with disabilities become more mobile.
Leka - A smart toy for children with autism and special needs.
The Leka features various learning activities to help kids with learning disabilities improve fine motor and social skills.
HTC Vive at CES 2017
HTC Vive at CES 2017 unveils new headstrap with rigid body and adjustable earphones. As well as a tracking puck tracker accessory.
More Information on VR for Disabled: Disability and Virtual Reality Technology.
Aira Visual Interpreter for Blind
Aira's high-tech approach uses a real-time interactive cloud-based dashboard, built to create for the blind an augmented reality context with live data streams from cameras, GPS, and other sensor systems from wearable platforms such as Google Glass and Pivothead.
Intelligent Vision System for Companion Robots
Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) introduces and demonstrates its Intelligent Vision System for Companion Robots at CES 2017.
ITRI invites potential partners and attendees to booth #2015 Tech East, Westgate, to play chess and have coffee with a robot commanded by ITRI's Intelligent Vision System.
- 1 - Disability Adaptive Clothing for Disabled and Elderly : Disabled World (2015/03/25)
- 2 - Thiphone for Cell Phones and Touch Screen Devices : David Spotts (2009/09/24)
- 3 - Adaptive Clothing Reduces the Risk of Injury for Disabled People and Caregivers : Pamela Clifton (2009/07/02)
- 4 - The World Wide Web and Accessibility Improvements : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/12/20)
- 5 - Assistive Technology: Past - Present - Future : RehaDesign (2009/01/17)
- 6 - Remote Control Lawn Mowers for Elderly or Disabled : Southern RobotX (2009/09/22)
- 7 - CES 2017: Videos of Disability Accessible Technology Products : Disabled World (2017/01/05)