Kurzweil 1000 V14 Accessible Text-to-speech Software
Published : 2015-02-06
Author : Kurzweil Education - Contact: www.kurzweiledu.com
Synopsis* : Kurzweil 1000 Version 14 text-to-speech software makes printed or electronic text readily available to people who are blind or have low vision.
Kurzweil Education, Inc., a division of Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (ABCD), announced the availability of Kurzweil 1000 Version 14, the latest version of its award-winning text-to-speech software that makes printed or electronic text readily available to people who are blind or have low vision.
Kurzweil 1000 helps learners with vision disabilities save time and gain independence by combining traditional machine technologies such as scanning, image processing, and text-to-speech with communication and productivity tools that allow users to unlock learning anytime, anywhere.
In addition to the educational benefits of the software, users can personalize experiences by choosing from a variety of natural-sounding voices and taking advantage of organizational features such as note taking, bookmarks, content summaries, and an appointment calendar with audible reminders.
"With Kurzweil 1000, people can go to college and earn degrees; they can work and read, and live their lives again," said Dona Orgeron, clinical nurse manager in Albuquerque, NM.
Version 14 enhancements include:
- The option to extract images into PDF files
- Recognition of PNG files
- Optical character recognition upgrades
- A new scanning mode
- An improved proofreading mechanism
- The ability to record voice notes
- Advanced editing capabilities
- Enhanced navigation within documents
"At Kurzweil, we believe that anyone willing to learn can learn when given access to the right tools," said Stephen Baum, vice president of engineering at Kurzweil Education. "We're committed to constantly improving our technology to enable students with low or no vision to bring the written word to life, in a way that helps them understand and retain the information."
For a complimentary 30-day trial of Kurzweil 1000 Version 14, visit www.kurzweiledu.com/trialsignup.php
To upgrade, visit https://www.kurzweiledu.com/store.php
For more information, please visit www.kurzweiledu.com
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Electronics/Software Documents
- 1: Brain Computer Interface Allows Locked-In People to Communicate : Brain computer interface that deciphers thoughts of people unable to communicate could revolutionize lives of those with completely locked-in syndrome.
- 2: Hot Virtual Keyboard for Persons with Disabilities : Hot Virtual Keyboard for persons with disability speeds up screen typing by replacing Windows built-in On-Screen Keyboard.
- 3: Acapela TTS Voices for NVDA Screen Reader : Acapela TTS voices for NVDA enables blind and vision impaired people to use high quality and high performing voices with NVDA screen reader.
- 4: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy announces launch of PEATworks.org a comprehensive Web portal spearheaded by ODEPs Partnership on Employment and Accessible Technology.
- 5: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : Article examines how QR codes can be a means to display 3D images and secure visual communication.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Kurzweil Education. Electronic Publication Date: 2015-02-06. Title: Kurzweil 1000 V14 Accessible Text-to-speech Software, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/computer/kurzweil-1000.php>Kurzweil 1000 V14 Accessible Text-to-speech Software</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-18, from https://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/computer/kurzweil-1000.php - Reference: DW#160-11218.