Kurzweil 1000 V14 Accessible Text-to-speech Software
Author: Kurzweil Education
Contact : www.kurzweiledu.com
Kurzweil 1000 Version 14 text-to-speech software makes printed or electronic text readily available to people who are blind or have low vision.
Kurzweil Education, Inc., a division of Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (ABCD), announced the availability of Kurzweil 1000 Version 14, the latest version of its award-winning text-to-speech software that makes printed or electronic text readily available to people who are blind or have low vision.
Kurzweil 1000 helps learners with vision disabilities save time and gain independence by combining traditional machine technologies such as scanning, image processing, and text-to-speech with communication and productivity tools that allow users to unlock learning anytime, anywhere.
In addition to the educational benefits of the software, users can personalize experiences by choosing from a variety of natural-sounding voices and taking advantage of organizational features such as note taking, bookmarks, content summaries, and an appointment calendar with audible reminders.
"With Kurzweil 1000, people can go to college and earn degrees; they can work and read, and live their lives again," said Dona Orgeron, clinical nurse manager in Albuquerque, NM.
Version 14 enhancements include:
- The option to extract images into PDF files
- Recognition of PNG files
- Optical character recognition upgrades
- A new scanning mode
- An improved proofreading mechanism
- The ability to record voice notes
- Advanced editing capabilities
- Enhanced navigation within documents
"At Kurzweil, we believe that anyone willing to learn can learn when given access to the right tools," said Stephen Baum, vice president of engineering at Kurzweil Education. "We're committed to constantly improving our technology to enable students with low or no vision to bring the written word to life, in a way that helps them understand and retain the information."
For a complimentary 30-day trial of Kurzweil 1000 Version 14, visit www.kurzweiledu.com/trialsignup.php
To upgrade, visit https://www.kurzweiledu.com/store.php
For more information, please visit www.kurzweiledu.com
- 1 - Change TV Channel Using Your Eyes with Xfinity X1 Eye Control : Comcast (2019/06/19)
- 2 - List of Computer Screen Readers for Visually Impaired : Disabled World (2014/08/06)
- 3 - Brain Waves Write Directly to Computer : Mayo Clinic (2009/12/07)
- 4 - Connecting iPad iPhone or iPod to TV or Projector : Disabled World (2012/02/02)
- 5 - Essential Accessibility: Tools for Website Accessibility : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2012/06/17)
- 6 - List of Hotkeys Keyboard Shortcuts for Computers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)
- 7 - Using Sticky Keys for Accessibility On PC and Mac Computers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)