ROKTalk Multi-Language Text-To-Speech Service for Websites
Synopsis and Key Points:
ROKTalk text to speech enhances website accessibility and usability in making websites talk in multiple languages.
Main DigestROK Americas Launch 'ROKTalk' Multi-Language Text-To-Speech Service for Websites. ROKTalk enhances website accessibility and usability in making websites talk in multiple languages.
ROK Americas, the mobile technology, applications and services company, has today announced the launch of its ROKTalk multi-language text-to-speech service for websites.
"The ability to make websites talk and to have that audible speech translated into other languages represents an enormous advancement in website accessibility on many levels" said Paolo Fidanza, CEO of ROK Americas "not least for the benefit of those for whom English is not their first language, but also for those with a visual impairment, the under-educated and illiterate as well as the millions of people affected by dyslexia, worldwide."
More than 14 million Americans suffer with some form of visual impairment while dyslexia or similar reading disabilities affect 8% of the entire adult population. Such disabilities impair people's use of and benefit from the socio-economic opportunities presented by the internet.
"It is law under the Americans with Disabilities Act for all websites in the US to offer as full and fair accessibility as far as possible to all people and, as such, we are delighted to offer website owners not only full web-accessibility compliance, but also the hugely important commercial service of language translations as well." Added Fidanza.
ROKTalk has already proving very popular in the UK where it has been available for 12 months. Endorsed by the British Dyslexia Association, early commercial adopters include both private and public sector website owners to include regional Councils, regional Police Forces, NHS Trusts, Investors in People, Housing Associations and several charitable organizations.
ROKTalk is available in 3 packages:
ROKTalk 'Basic Toolbar' is free of charge for website owners to download and install and provides English text-to-speech and includes third-party advertising in the toolbar.
ROKTalk 'Premium Toolbar' is USD $9.99 per month and includes up to 3 languages from a selection of ten major languages and comes without third party advertising.
ROKTalk 'Custom Toolbar' allows website owners to offer text-to-talk to all their visitors in multiple languages while the toolbar itself can be customized to match the customers website design and branding. ROKTalk Custom Toolbar is priced individually on a per-request basis.
More information is available at: www.rokamericas.com and www.roktalk.com and via firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1: Launch of Web Portal on Accessible Workplace Technology : U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (2014/10/17)
- 2: Secure 3D QR Codes with No Internet Required : The Optical Society (2014/11/14)
- 3: 3dRudder: Foot Powered VR and Gaming Controller : Disabled World (2017/01/02)
- 4: 3dRudder Foot Mouse : Stanislas Chesnais (2020/11/24)
- 5: Tablet Computers for Educational Medium : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015/01/23)
- 6: Sitecues: Improving Patron Web Accessibility : Ai Squared (2016/06/02)
- 7: How to Create God Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 : Disabled World (2020/09/04)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.