Strokeshop UK - The Stroke Association
Published 2011-04-02 18:48:33 - (9 years ago). Last updated 2011-04-02 18:51:32 - (9 years ago).
Author: The Stroke Association
Outline: Helping people in need of disability aids and mobility products find the correct equipment at a competitive price.
Main DigestThe Stroke Association is launching a retail outlet to help people in need of disability aids and mobility products find the correct equipment at a competitive price.
Stroke is the leading cause of adult disability in the UK. It is estimated that around one million people are dependent on others for everyday living due to the consequences of stroke.
Disability aids and mobility products help people who live with disabilities go about their daily lives more easily.
In partnership with Home-care from the Consortium, The Stroke Association is launching its own shopping outlet that will not only provide an extensive range of disability products but also generate a new source of income. For every sale that is made through Strokeshop's website or catalog, The Stroke Association receives a donation.
Monika Milne, Commercial Ventures Development Manager at The Stroke Association said:
"The Stroke Association is pleased to be able to offer products that will provide greater independence for stroke survivors whether living at home, in care or still in hospital.
"These daily living products will provide extra reassurance for family, friends and carers of all people with disabilities. We are also delighted to be able to offer our supporters another way of helping stroke survivors across the UK."
- 1 - Things Needed to Make Everyday Life Easier | Disabled World (2019-03-27 20:12:00)
- 2 - Traveling Barbers In-Home Hair Care Services for The Disabled | The Traveling Barbers - Hair Professionals for The Disabled (2019-09-06 13:40:00)
- 3 - Online Suppliers of Disability Products and Assistive Devices | Disabled World Live (2010-02-01 18:00:30)
- 4 - SturdyStraw: Hands Free Bendable Drinking Aids for People with Limited Movement | SturdyStraw Ltd (2018-08-16 14:09:40)
- 5 - Obi Robotic Dining Device - Breakthrough for People with Physical Challenges | meetobi.com (2016-07-12 13:53:39)