Amputees in Action Demonstrates Excellence to Become ISO 9001:2008 Certified - Amputees in Action has built a team of Special Effects Artists dedicated to support its TCAs in delivering a superior service to the military, medical, private and public sectors.
Amputees in Action Ltd www.amputeesinaction.co.uk, a specialist agency that supplies amputee actors for medical training and film productions has today announced that it has been certified as ISO 9001: 2008 compliant. This certificate, (number A13673) designates that the management system governing Amputees in Action's highly professional military and medical training services meets internationally recognized standards for quality.
This recognition verifies that the company has excellent quality management systems which ensure it meets the needs of its stakeholders. Since 2005, Amputees in Action has been promoting the utilization of amputees with real acting skills for casualty simulation in all types of medical training. The authenticity and 'shock factor' that Amputees in Action artistes bring to a training scenario means that those dealing with such situations in reality are far better prepared to save lives.
ISO 9001:2008 is an internationally recognized standard and as such will assist Amputees in Action with achieving its business goals, assuring new clients in the UK and overseas that they can be confident in the delivery of the company's unique services.
John Pickup, MD of Amputees in Action commented:
"We are all excited and proud to have achieved this certification. Although it was not required by our clients, we are pleased we can now formally demonstrate our continued commitment to meeting and wherever possible, exceeding our clients' expectations. As we are exploring new markets worldwide, this verification of the high quality, value added service we provide will play a vital part in the growth and development of Amputees in Action Ltd."
This landmark achievement demonstrates the drive for excellence that is part of the ethos at Amputees in Action and sets it apart from the crowd, as only a small number of UK companies are ISO 9001: 2008 certified. ISO awards are supported by the UK government and recognized as a signifier of quality worldwide.
IMSM carried out the assessment of Amputees in Action's management systems against requirements of international standards for quality and the ISO 9001:2008 certification was awarded to the company by QAS International.
About Amputees in Action:
1. Amputees in Action was founded in March 2004 and is headquartered in Newbury, Berkshire
2. Amputees in Action lists trained actors and stunt performers who are supplied as extras for a variety of film, TV and training purposes
3. Amputees in Action was the first agency to promote the utilization of amputees with real acting skills to put the 'shock factor' into simulations designed for all aspects of medical training
4. All Trauma Casualty Amputees ("TCAs") working for Amputees in Action undergo comprehensive training
5. Amputees in Action Ltd has a dedicated team of Special Effects Artists drawn from the media industry who work solely in the simulation field for the company
1. ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is the world's largest developer and publisher of International Standards
2. ISO is a network of the national standards institutes of 160 countries, one member per country, with a Central Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland, that coordinates the system
3. ISO is a non-governmental organization that bridges the public and private sectors worldwide, working to enable consensus on meeting the requirements of business and the broader needs of society