Down Syndrome Drummer Led Band REYNOLS Announces Minecxio Emanations 1993-2018
Author: Pica Disk - REYNOLS: Minecxio Emanations 1993-2018(i) : Contact: picadisk.bandcamp.com/
Synopsis and Key Points:
Minecxio Emanations 1993-2018 - features Reynols rock trio Roberto Conlazo, Alan Courtis, Miguel Tomasin, a drummer with Down's Syndrome. Set contains 52 audio tracks, 90 mins of video, extensive liner notes and visuals.
Norweigian label Pica Disk is about to release a box set documenting the work of Argentinian cult group Reynols. Formed in 1993 in Buenos Aires, the free rock trio consisted of Roberto Conlazo, Alan Courtis, and Miguel Tomasín, a drummer with Down's Syndrome. The release is called "Minecxio Emanations 1993-2018" and contains 52 audio tracks (mostly previously unreleased), 90 minutes of video and extensive liner notes and visuals.
Reynols started in 1993 in Buenos Aires and is famous amongst many things for its unique Down's syndrome drummer/vocalist Miguel Tomasín, who is the band's spiritual architect. The band is considered highly influential since it has inspired inclusive projects all around the globe.
Sometimes referred to as "The Weirdest Band in the World" (https://weirdestbandintheworld.com/2015/04/26/weird-band-of-the-week-reynols/), Reynols is also known for its musical diversity, which spans everything from cosmic free rock and lo-fi drone electronic music, to conceptual sound art and social/political/esoteric observations. The world of Reynols is a universe completely of its own, and inhabits so much that even an extensive box like this only scratches the surface. Although Reynols have worked with an open-process DIY philosophy and been subject to multiple documentaries the band has still managed to sustain an element of mystery, so the release of "Minecxio Emanations 1993-2018" marks the first time the band has allowed an extensive overview of their work to be made.
Fans of the band will also be happy to learn that most of the material is previously unreleased,including two albums from the early 2000s that were completed but never released; the earliest recordings from 1993; collaborations with artists Acid Mother's Temple and Pauline Oliveros; conceptual pieces; and more. There's also a DVD with previously unreleased videos.
The cult band Reynols trio consisting of Roberto Conlazo, Alan Courtis, and Miguel Tomasin - a drummer with Down's Syndrome.
Booklet 1: The story of Reynols
A 3000 word new piece by Marc Masters which covers the history, culled from new interviews with Anla Courtis, Roberto Conlazo and Miguel Tomasín. Also included are shorter text/appreciations by Lasse Marhaug, Oren Ambarchi, Sindre Bjerga, Sixto Fernando, Sigtryggur Berg Sigmarsson, C. Spencer Yeh, John Olson and others.
Booklet 2: Visuals
A full booklet of photos, artwork, press clippings, quotes, flyers and posters. Most of this material have not been published before.
7 x Discs:
Disc 1: Early Reynols
Early recordings from the birth of Reynols in 1993-94 [featuring early member Christian Dergarabedian], some material from small edition cassettes, some previous unreleased.
Disc 2: Vedeosmas Tecretre
An album made in 2001-2003, but never released.
Disc 3: Jaz Ronco Jits
A selection of the "Jaz Ronco Japi Javas" sessions from 2001-2002, only previously available as very limited CDRs.
Disc 4: Conceptual Mogal
A disc of Reynols conceptual pieces, including performances at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, NASA in Houston, the Atomium in Brussels, outtakes from the 10.000 Chickens Symphony and from public street protests in Buenos Aires during the December 2001 crisis. All previously unreleased.
Disc 5: Roniles Dasa Selebro
Another previously unreleased album from 2000-2001.
Disc 6: Reynols and Friends
A collection of collaborations with artists like Dr.Socolinsky, Pauline Oliveros, Nelson Gastaldi, Jazzy Mel and Acid Mothers Temple. Recorded between 1998 and 2018. Previously unreleased.
Disc 7: DVD
A 90 minute collage of live performances and other videos that offer a rare portal to the world of Reynols.
- Limited edition of 500 copies.
- All discs come in individual printed wallets.
- All audio have been remastered from the original masters.
- A limited amount of t-shirts will also be made to celebrate the release of the box-set.
- Digital version available from Bandcamp comes with all booklet and artwork, but DVD material is exclusive to the physical box-set.
"Long may they confuse" - John Olson (Wolf Eyes)
"I know Reynols indeed: they are among the most experimental and wild people I've heard" - Thurston Moore
"Reynols is a super band to me. Someday, I wanna fly to Mars with Anla, Rob and Miguel all together. Let's do asado there." - Mitsuru Tabata (Zeni Geva, Acid Mothers Temple, Boredoms)
"One of the most bizarre musical/social units to function. Ever" - Muckraker Magazine
"The Reynols frontier is, in terms of sheer sonic, aesthetic, and conceptual creativity, an infinite expanse. It doesn't break out of barriers so much as it evaporates them. It's not that the rules don't apply in Reynols music. It's that nothing applies. The sound is itself, and everything else." - Marc Masters, from the liner notes of the box
- Minecxio Emanations 1993-2018
- 6xCD/1xDVD box-set (Pica Disk PICA047)
- Released by Pica Disk February 15th 2019
(i)Source/Reference: Pica Disk - REYNOLS: Minecxio Emanations 1993-2018. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Scott Robertson - H.O.W. (Hell On Wheels) - Signs Agreement with Mirror Image Entertainment Inc. : Da Godfather of Crunk (2020/05/22)
- 2 - Lifeline Discounted Monthly Phone Service : Thomas C. Weiss (2013/11/10)
- 3 - Ham Radio Station Connects Retirement Community to World : Guide to Retirement Living Source-Book (2011/09/13)
- 4 - Conductology: Irish Breakthrough Brings Hope to Kids with Disabilities : University of Conductology (2020/03/23)
- 5 - I Can't See You - Can You See Me? : Daniel Williams (2020/02/22)
- 6 - List of Texting Shortcuts for FaceBook - SMS - Chat Rooms : Disabled World (2009/02/02)
- 7 - Cheap Internet for Disabled, Seniors and Low-Income Americans : Disabled World (2018/10/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.