Toby's Story - Documentary on Spinal Cord Injury
Author: Foundation for Biomedical Research
Published: 2011-11-01 : (Rev. 2013-06-04)
Tobys Story documentary tells the story of a young musician living with spinal cord injury and how scientists are working to give him back his independence.
Main DigestWorld Premiere of Toby's Story a Documentary on Spinal Cord Injury at Irvine Barclay Theatre on November 10th.
Documentary tells the spectacular story of a young musician living with spinal cord injury and how scientists are working to give him back his independence
Foundation for Biomedical Research (FBR) and executive producer Frankie Trull announced today the world premiere of their made-for-television documentary Survivor-Tales: Toby's Story will be held at the Irvine Barclay Theatre in Irvine, CA, on Thursday, November 10th at 6:00 PM.
After a diving accident, Toby Forrest - an adventurous and active young man - became confined to a wheelchair. This documentary tells the true story of how Toby thrives as a successful musician, gives back to others and lives life with hope and optimism despite his disability.
Toby's Story also gives viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the Reeve-Irvine Research Center's groundbreaking spinal cord injury research that could one day help Toby and millions of others living with paralysis.
"Our mission at the Reeve-Irvine Research Center is to find treatments for spinal cord injury and other diseases and disorders that affect the spinal cord," said Dr. Oswald Steward, director of the Reeve-Irvine Research Center.
"By focusing mainly on animal models of spinal cord injury, we try to understand the basic processes of regeneration and repair. We are making huge strides and have great hope that research happening right now could help Toby and others living with paralysis in the near future."
With this optimistic story of human triumph over tragedy, Toby's Story shows viewers how dedicated scientists are developing incredible, cutting-edge treatments to help those living with spinal cord injuries.
Credentialed press and the public are invited to attend the premiere event of Toby's Story and learn more about spinal cord injury research.
Toby Forrest and his band Cityzen will also be performing at the November 10th premiere event. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 - Lifeline Discounted Monthly Phone Service : Thomas C. Weiss (2013/11/10)
- 2 - Scott Robertson - H.O.W. (Hell On Wheels) - Signs Agreement with Mirror Image Entertainment Inc. : Da Godfather of Crunk (2020/05/22)
- 3 - Ham Radio Station Connects Retirement Community to World : Guide to Retirement Living Source-Book (2011/09/13)
- 4 - Conductology: Irish Breakthrough Brings Hope to Kids with Disabilities : University of Conductology (2020/03/23)
- 5 - I Can't See You - Can You See Me? : Daniel Williams (2020/02/22)
- 6 - List of Texting Shortcuts for FaceBook - SMS - Chat Rooms : Disabled World (2009/02/02)
- 7 - Cheap Internet for Disabled, Seniors and Low-Income Americans : Disabled World (2018/10/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.