Find a Qualified Reliable Caregiver
- Publish Date: 2009/04/03 - (Rev. 2011/05/30)
- Author: Disabled World
Outline: Information and references for finding a qualified and reliable caregiver for seniors children and persons with a disability or health condition.
Main DigestFinding a qualified and reliable caregiver you can trust to provide additional care to your loved ones at home, or in a facility, is not an easy task.
Each year millions of seniors, people with health conditions, and/or disabilities start requiring some sort of assistance to carry out their routine daily activities.
When family members start to struggle to find the time and provide the care a person needs a caregiver can provide most of the assistance.
Caregivers are people who take care of other adults, often parents or spouses, or children with special medical needs.
Some caregivers are family members; others are paid employees.
Services most commonly performed by part-time and live-in caregivers include in-home health care, elder care, special needs care, home companions and senior care.
Live-in caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision.
The caregiver role is often complex and tends to differ for everyone depending on the needs of the patient.
Often, in the beginning, there may only be a few needs, such as providing transportation or helping with shopping or cooking. However as needs increase over time additional services may be required.
As the baby boomers continue to age and our population as a whole gets older, elder care will become an even bigger issue than it is today.
If the time has come for someone close to you, a senior, or invalid, to need additional care services in their/your home or in an assisted living community, you have the option of hiring a senior home care agency to provide the services or finding an independent caregiver to hire directly.
- 1 - Family Caregivers and Employer Compassion | Caregivers with Hope | 2016/02/23
- 2 - Critical Caregiving Issues Fact Sheets | Family Caregiver Alliance | 2011/09/26
- 3 - Film Highlights Absurdity of 15 Minute U.K. Care Visits | UNISON | 2017/04/12
- 4 - Yelp Reviews of Nursing Homes Tend to Focus on Staff Attitudes and Responsiveness | University of Southern California | 2018/04/26
- 5 - Palliative Care Findings on Caregiver Depression, LGBT Partners, Moral Distress | Loyola University Health System | 2018/02/20
- 6 - Home Care: LGBTQ People Often Invisible | York University | 2016/03/01
- 7 - Cost of U.S. Home Health Care | Susan Slobac | 2010/06/13
- 8 - Caregiving by Family Members and Other Unpaid Individuals | American Geriatrics Society | 2017/06/15