Always Looking Up - Book by Michael J. Fox
Author: Disabled World
Synopsis and Key Points:
Always Looking Up a book by Michael J. Fox where he writes about his personal philosophy that carried him through his darkest hours with Parkinsons disease.
Main DigestFifteen years after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, Michael J. Fox tells his personal story of how he turned his challenges into opportunities in his new book, "Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist."
Always Looking Up - Michael J. Fox book
Fifteen years after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, Michael J. Fox tells his personal story of how he turned his challenges into opportunities in his new book, "Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist." His first book, Lucky Man, documenting his career and his experience with Parkinson's disease, which, nine years after diagnosis in 1991, forced the end of his full-time acting career.
Struck with Parkinson's, a debilitating, degenerative disease, at the height of his fame, Fox has taken what some might consider cause for depression and turned it into a beacon of hope for millions. Now, in Always Looking Up, he writes about the personal philosophy that carried him through his darkest hours, and speaks with others who have emerged from difficult periods with optimisms to spare.
Instead of building walls around himself, he developed a personal policy of engagement and discovery: an emotional, psychological, intellectual, and spiritual outlook that has served him throughout his struggle with Parkinson's disease.
Always Looking Up is a memoir of this last decade, told through the critical themes of Michael's life: work, politics, faith, and family. The book is a journey of self-discovery and reinvention, and a testament to the consolations that protect him from the ravages of Parkinson's.
Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist provides an uplifting account of how he has become a happier and more satisfied person by recognizing the gifts of everyday life.
For the past ten years, Michael J. Fox has been a spokesman for research into Parkinson's disease.
Michael J. Fox, June 9, 1961 - Born Michael Andrew Fox in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada on June 9, 1961. he adopted the "J." as an homage to character actor Michael J. Pollard. Fox made his acting debut in the comedy "Leo and Me" at the age of 15, after quitting high school. He moved to Los Angeles at 18, appearing in small roles and the television series Palmerstown, U. S. A. in 1980, before landing the role that would make him famous, that of Alex P. Keaton in the television series "Family Ties" in 1982. The show was a springboard for Fox, who hit big screen stardom as time-traveling teen Marty McFly in the hugely successful Back To The Future film series: Part I (1985), Part II (1989) and Part III (1990).
Fox is sometimes compared to Christopher Reeve, the Superman actor who became an advocate for scientific research after being paralyzed in a riding accident.
Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist is available at Amazon and other good book stores.
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.