Helping Limited Limb Usage
- An alternative type of computer mouse that translates head movements into proportional movements on a computer screen.
- A disposable adhesive sensor is placed on the user's forehead, hat or glasses, and tracked by a wireless optical sensor.
- As the user moves their head, the mouse pointer moves on screen.
- The precision of the mouse pointer allows the user to perform tasks such as CAD graphics work, gaming and drawing.
- Connects to the computer via a USB port. No special software needed.
- Costs US$995.
Helping Hearing Loss
Alarm Clock Pro Vibrating Clock
- Wakes users up with high intensity LED lights and a bed shaker that emits sound from underneath the pillow.
- Loud ascending alarm that spans multiple frequencies so even if you have high frequency hearing loss you won't miss the alarm.
- 4 flashing LED lights.
- Large LCD display with adjustable backlight.
- Battery backup powers all functions during a power outage.
- RJ-11 jack to connect your telephone for the built-in phone ringer amplifier lets you know when the phone is ringing.
- Costs US$99 +.
The iPad & Apps
"Touch has made it exceptionally accessible - everyone has an iPad, everyone has an iPod. If you're someone with a disability, having something that other people are using makes you feel like part of the in-crowd." Michelle Diament, Co-founder, Disability Scoop
- Affordable Touch to Speak Technology
- Before iPad touch to speak technology was extremely expensive - $8,000 +. iPads retail for $499. Apps like Yes / No allow users to voice preferences in yes or no responses.
- An Educational Tool
- It is an informative educational tool allowing users to discuss difficulties with online communities. Apple has previously featured a section called 'Apps for Special Education' in the apps store.
- A Therapeutic Device
- iPads act as therapeutic devices as users can see that they are able to interact with the world around them.
- Task Orientated Behavioral Monitor
- It can act as a behavioral monitor reminding users to take medication through apps like Medication Reminder or remind them about tasks.
Submit disability news, coming events, as well as assistive technology product news and reviews.
Loan Information for low income singles, families, seniors and disabled. Includes home, vehicle and personal loans.
© 2004 - 2018 Disabled World™