Breaking New Ground in Asperger Syndrome and Autism
Synopsis and Key Points:
Editor of About.com and social media adviser to MediciGlobal Lisa Rudy launches new book for parents.
Main DigestEditor of About.com and social media adviser to MediciGlobal, Lisa Rudy launches new book for parents.
Lisa Jo Rudy is a writer, a social media guru, and above all a parent of a child with an autism spectrum disorder. She knows first hand what it takes to get out, have fun and explore the world with autistic children. In her groundbreaking new book, "Get Out, Explore, and Have Fun: How Families of Children with Autism or Asperger Syndrome Can Get the Most Out of Community Activities," Lisa Jo Rudy explores options, offers tips and guides parents in their steps to get their children involved in life outside of home, school, and therapists' offices.
The recent HBO movie based on the true story of Temple Grandin who among other things has become a leading spokesperson about Autism, highlighted her mother's struggle to help her talented daughter to navigate and find success in the real world. Lisa Jo Rudy's book offers parents the practical tools they need to select organizations, clubs, and opportunities that suit their child's needs and talents, along with tip sheets and primers to help community leaders to include children with autism and their families.
"This book has been a labor of love," says Lisa Rudy. "I collected a wealth of information from parents, pastors, instructors, scout leaders, museum professionals, camp directors and many others. My goal is to help families and children to discover their strengths, build connections, and live life to the fullest."
As a mother of a child with Autism, Rudy actively advocates for community inclusion for children and families living with autism, and speaks at autism related events and programs. She is also the author of numerous articles about autism spectrum disorders and the About.com Guide to Autism (a widely read medically reviewed website that is part of the New York Times Company).
For well over a decade Rudy has retained a connection with MediciGlobal while balancing her writing projects and supporting the development of her autistic child. Her work for MediciGlobal involves enhancing patient recruitment programs with targeted patient advocacy and social media programs. For over 20 years, MediciGlobal Inc. has been bringing clinical trials to patients and accelerating the patient recruitment and retention process to speed up the development of new medicines.
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.