BigBoxPlay: Fun Modular STEM Toys for Children
Published: 2020-06-18 - Updated: 2022-09-17
Author: BigBoxPlay - Disabled World | Contact: BigBoxPlay.com
Peer-Reviewed Publication: N/A
Additional References: Accessible Games and Gaming Publications
Synopsis: BigBoxPlay STEM play system focuses on physical free play, tactile/multi-sensory learning, creativity and imagination for children 2-8 years old and is based on kids love of building forts from cardboard boxes. BigBoxPlay sells "life-sized" STEM, play systems focusing on physical free play, tactile/multi-sensory learning, creativity, and imagination for young children 2-8 years old. BigBoxPlay's STEM play systems are modular, extremely durable, and personalized but most importantly, they provide endless hours of creative and imaginative enjoyment.
Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) is a broad term used to group these academic disciplines. In the early 1990s, the acronym STEM was used by a variety of educators in preference to SMET, including Charles E. Vela, the founder, and director of the Center for the Advancement of Hispanics in Science and Engineering Education (CAHSEE). There is no universal agreement on which disciplines are included in STEM; in particular, whether or not the science in STEM includes social sciences, such as psychology, sociology, economics, and political science. This term is typically used to address school education policy or curriculum choices.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Disabled World was offered a BigBoxPlay for free from www.BigBoxPlay.com in consideration for an honest product review article. Like all review products Disabled World receives, the item was donated to a third party. That said, Disabled World chose to write a review for this product because we believe in the power of STEM related toys for kids!
Jonathan Rubin, CEO of BigBoxPlay (BigBoxPlay.com), started a company based in Los Angeles that sells "life-sized" Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) play systems focusing on physical free play, tactile/multi-sensory learning, creativity, and imagination for young children 2-8 years old.
Jonathan believes that kids today spend too much time on digital devices, negatively impacting their cognitive and social development. Studies have consistently shown that excessive use of digital products and the absence of quality playtime adversely impact learning essential "soft" skills such as communications, creativity, social interaction, and collaboration.
Jonathan discovered over the years that children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) seem to have a special love for BigBoxPlay due to its "private" fort-like features where children feel more protected and secure when inside.
BigBoxPlay addresses this negative trend with a unique play system based on children's timeless love of building forts and cardboard boxes. BigBoxPlay is a modular STEM Fort Playhouse for kids. It's made of durable cardboard and is very easy to assemble in a way that fits your space and preferences.
BigBoxPlay's STEM play systems are modular, extremely durable, and personalized but most importantly, they provide endless hours of creative and imaginative enjoyment. BigBoxPlay was recently awarded a prestigious STEM Authenticated™ Trustmark by STEM.org, an esteemed company that promotes and teaches STEM around the world and has served over 4,500 schools, districts, and organizations in over 25 countries, as well as such globally recognized brands as Disney, Geomag, Learning Resources, Modular Robotics, Play-Doh, and Magformers.
- BigBoxPlay is safe, has great value (play systems starting at $79) and is easy-to-store.
- Building BigBoxPlay is a STEM-based activity that is fun but also helps with tactile development, critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaboration.
- BigBoxPlay is a wholesome "life-sized" play system for the entire family and is modular, extremely durable, and can be customized to each child's preferences.
- Playing in BigBoxPlay stimulates a child's imagination and creativity through physical "free play." This is important because studies show that excess time on digital devices may adversely affect the development of children's essential "soft" skills, such as creativity, communication, and social interaction.
- BigBoxPlay is featured in Big Box Adventure, which airs on BabyFirstTV, a trendy kid's television, and digital network. Big Box Adventure's primary focus is on IMAGINATION, and the weekly series takes young children on imaginary journeys exploring castles, spaceships, submarines, airplanes, and more!
- BigBoxPlay is fun-to-build & easy-to-store. With a kid-friendly design that promotes STEM learning, each BigBoxPlay unit comes with a unique connector system that makes it super fun for children to build--almost like building a gigantic Lego fort--while also providing parents with an easy up-and-down process for efficient storage of the play system.
- Eco-Friendly & Made In The USA: Made in the USA, this wholesome and super fun play system is designed for the whole family, particularly for parents and grandparents with single or multiple children/grandchildren. Every inch of these playsets is meticulously designed so there are no tabs or sharp edges. It is well ventilated for a steady airflow and made from strong and sturdy cardboard, which is made from bio-degradable, formaldehyde-free, and Eco-friendly materials. In addition, all BigBoxPlay units are shipped to your house free of charge in a flat-packed box.
YouTube Video Clips
Available BigBoxPlay Models
BigBoxPlay currently offers sells four models - 2 smaller play systems (Castle and No-theme) and two larger play systems (Castle and No-Theme). Each system is described below:
Each STEM BigBoxPlay 5 unit system contains:
- 2 dry erase panels
- 90 connector knobs
- 4 connectable panels
- 3 towers and 2 tunnels
If space is limited, you can also get a smaller three-unit system.
- BigBoxPlay Small No-Theme Set ($79): 2 Towers and 1 Tunnel system include nine durable double-corrugated cardboard sections (2 Bottoms, 2 Tops, 4 Sides, and 1 Tunnel). It also includes 3 Panels and 1 Dry Erasable Panel, along with 62 Connector Knobs to assemble the play system.
- BigBoxPlay Small Castle-Theme Set ($99): 2 Towers and 1 Tunnel system include nine durable double-corrugated cardboard sections (2 Bottoms, 2 Tops, 4 Sides, and 1 Tunnel). It also includes 3 Castle-Themed Panels and 1 Dry Erasable Panel, along with 62 Connector Knobs to assemble the play system.
- BigBoxPlay Large No-Theme Set ($109): 3 Towers and 2 Tunnel system includes 14 durable double-corrugated cardboard sections (3 Bottoms, 3 Tops, 6 Sides, and 2 Tunnels). It also includes 4 Panels and 2 Dry Erasable Panels, along with 92 Connector Knobs to assemble the play system.
- BigBoxPlay Large Castle-Theme Set ($129): 3 Towers and 2 Tunnel system includes 14 durable double-corrugated cardboard sections (3 Bottoms, 3 Tops, 6 Sides, and 2 Tunnels). It also includes 4 Castle-Themed Panels and 2 Dry Erasable Panels, along with 92 Connector Knobs to assemble the play system.
Due to COVID-19 and with Summer coming, BigBoxPlay is more meaningful than ever, as many families are spending huge amounts of time in their homes, and parents are looking for wholesome ways to keep their young children busy in a fun but educational manner.
BigBoxPlay is the Perfect STEM Product For Your School, Daycare, or Church!
BigBoxPlay will come to your school and host a fun-packed STEM event teaching students essential skills such as creativity, collaboration, and social interaction. They are an approved home-school vendor for Inspire, iLead, Summit Academy, Sky Mountain, South Sutter, and Ocean Grove.
For further information and pricing of the different BigBoxPlay configurations visit BigBoxPlay.com
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Financial support is derived from advertisements or referral programs, where indicated. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.
• Cite This Page (APA): BigBoxPlay - Disabled World. (2020, June 18). BigBoxPlay: Fun Modular STEM Toys for Children. Disabled World. Retrieved February 5, 2023 from www.disabled-world.com/entertainment/games/bigboxplay.php
• Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/entertainment/games/bigboxplay.php">BigBoxPlay: Fun Modular STEM Toys for Children</a>