Garbage Bins Go Pink to Help Curb Breast Cancer
- Publish Date: 2010/09/14
- Author: Cascade Engineering
Outline: Pink garbage bins for a visible demonstration of support for breast cancer awareness.
Main DigestFrom Alpharetta, GA. to Boone, IA., residents in nearly 30 states are beginning to roll their trash to the curb - all dressed in pink.
This is a grassroots movement to enable households nationwide to make a visible demonstration of their support for breast cancer awareness.
The lid on each cart provides a label which displays early breast cancer detection and health tips. The concept developed and launched by American-manufacturer Cascade Engineering offers pink waste and recycling carts, made from 100% recyclable plastic. The carts are available in several sizes to meet consumer needs for apartments, homes and commercial use.
One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime, and we are hoping that as Pink Carts begin to line curbs across the country each will inspire conversations and lead to greater awareness of the disease," said Jo-Anne Perkins, general manager of Cascade Cart Solutions, a division of Cascade Engineering.
Approximately 10,000 carts are already on, or headed for, curbs. The carts are offered through arrangements with waste haulers, local municipalities and specific retailers, as well as directly to residential and commercial customers at thepinkcart.com.
Southaven, Mississippi residents join the grassroots movement featuring pink garbage carts, enabling households nationwide to make a visible demonstration of their support for breast cancer awareness. (photo by Lance Murphey)
Five dollars from the purchase of each Pink Cart will support established breast cancer awareness programs.
For more information: ThePinkCart.com - cascadeng.com
- 1 - Standard of Care for Breast Cancer Survivors with Lymphedema | University of Missouri-Columbia | 2010/02/17
- 2 - Super Micro-surgery Hope for Breast Cancer Patients with Lymphedema | University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center | 2009/03/23
- 3 - Tips for Breast Cancer Patients During Treatment | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center | 2010/10/27
- 4 - Most Women Do Not Get Recommended Mammograms | American Association for Cancer Research | 2010/12/09
- 5 - Inflammatory Breast Cancer: Facts and Information | Thomas C. Weiss | 2009/01/09