Natural Treatment Option for Fibromyalgia Symptoms
Author: Bioenergy Life Science, Inc.
Synopsis and Key Points:
Fibromyalgia affects as many as one in 50 Americans 90 percent of whom are women.
Main DigestBioenergy Introduces Corvalen M as a Natural Treatment Option for Fibromyalgia Symptoms.
Fibromyalgia affects as many as one in 50 Americans, 90 percent of whom are women. Yet, despite its nearly epidemic status, patients still often rely on pharmaceutical options solely for treatment. That's why Bioenergy Life Science, Inc. (www.bioenergy.com) has introduced Corvalen M®, a natural treatment option for fibromyalgia symptoms.
Fibromyalgia is a syndrome mainly associated with widespread muscular pains and fatigue. The exact causes of fibromyalgia are unknown; however, patients with fibromyalgia have been shown to have an alteration in muscle adenine nucleotide metabolism, leading to depleted energy reserves (1). As an essential compound in increasing muscular energy pools and reducing metabolic strain in affected muscles, Corvalen M® has been shown to be effective against fibromyalgia symptoms (2).
Corvalen M® comprises D-Ribose, a simple, 5-carbon monosaccharide, or pentose sugar. D-Ribose helps accelerate the formation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the primary energy source of all living cells, which can lead to subsequent tissue recovery for fibromyalgia patients.
"Having had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia back in 1975, I know what patients are going through," says Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D, one of the primary researchers of this study and the medical director of the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers, Inc. "The good news is these illnesses have become very treatable!"
Teitelbaum conducted a multi-center study, in which 53 health practitioners enrolled 257 patients who had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and/or chronic fatigue syndrome. Each patient was given D-Ribose (Corvalen) at a dose of five grams per day for three weeks. All patients were measured for changes in energy, sleep, cognitive function, pain and overall well-being.
Teitelbaum noted improvement in the first week of treatment. After three weeks, results showed statistically significant improvements in all five parameters, More than half of the study's patients showed improvement in energy (61 percent), followed by a 37 percent increase in overall well-being.
Bioenergy Life Science, Inc. focuses its core technology on D-Ribose®, the primary ingredient in the Corvalen Medical Food family of products, which include Corvalen®, Corvalen M® and Corvalen® Chewable Wafers. D-Ribose® is the only ribose to receive GRAS (generally regarded as safe) affirmation, no questions letter from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). D-Ribose® is found also in many energy drinks, bars and supplements.
For more information, contact Renee Cooper of Christie Communications at 805-969-3744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) Gebhart B, Jorgenson JA. Benefit of ribose in a patient with fibromyalgia. Pharmacotherapy. 2004 Nov;24(11):1646-8
(2) Teitelbaum J, Johnson C, Cyr J. The Use of D-Ribose in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia: A Pilot Study. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2006 12(9):857-862
- 1 - Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia Similarities : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/11/03)
- 2 - Morton's Toe and Step Therapy for Fibromyalgia : Dr. Michelle Matison (2011/07/08)
- 3 - Fibromyalgia Pain and the Weather : Disabled World (2011/11/14)
- 4 - IsolateFibromyalgia a New Blood Test From IQuity Accurately Detects Fibromyalgia : IQuity, Inc. (2018/03/07)
- 5 - New Hope for Sufferers of CFS ME and Fibromyalgia : Maija Haavisto (2009/01/17)
- 6 - New Fibromyalgia Disability Ruling from Social Security Administration : Disability Rights Law Center - Alex Boudov, Attorney at Law (2012/08/04)
- 7 - Fibromyalgia Disability Claims: Things To Consider Before Filing a Disability Insurance Application : Gregory Dell (2011/06/29)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.