Free Flu Shots for North Carolina's Youth
Author: Urgent Cares of America
Published: 2011-01-10 : (Rev. 2017-12-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Urgent Cares of America clinics offering free seasonal 2011 flu shots to children and youth ages 4 years through college students.
Urgent Cares of America clinics are now offering free seasonal 2011 flu shots to all children and youth ages 4 years through college students.
Ages 4 years old and up, including university and college students with appropriate student IDs, can receive their flu shot for free by simply walking into an Urgent Cares of America clinic while supplies last.
Participating locations are Asheville Urgent Care, Boone Urgent Care, Hendersonville Urgent Care, Clayton Urgent Care, FastMed of Cary, FastMed of Wake Forest, Fuquay Urgent Care, Urgent Care of Cary, and Wake Urgent Care.
"We recognize the economic hardships that people are facing at this time. If giving a free flu shot to a child will stop them from getting the flu, then all of us at Urgent Cares of America feel privileged to do that." Jason A. Williams. Ph.D., President of Urgent Cares of America.
"This effort is to encourage families and young adults to think about being vaccinated and staying well during the turbulent temperatures North Carolina brings us during the winter months." Reuel Heyden, Director of Community Relations.
The 2010-2011 flu vaccine protects against three different flu viruses: the H3N2 virus, the Influenza B virus and the H1N1 virus.
Urgent Cares of America is network of currently nine (9) urgent care facilities with locations in Asheville, Boone, Cary, Clayton, Garner, Fuquay-Varina and Wake Forest.
For more information and directions please visit www.rucn.info or contact (919) 550-0821.
- 1 - Vaccine for Urinary Tract Infections : University of Michigan Health System (2010/11/12)
- 2 - Vaccinating Pre-schoolers with Asthma Against the Flu : University of Montreal (2018/06/29)
- 3 - Global Resurgence of Deadly Pertussis Bacteria : Wolters Kluwer Health (2014/06/14)
- 4 - CVS Health Offering Hepatitis A Vaccine to Broward County Residents : CVS Health (2017/11/03)
- 5 - Breakthrough in Cancer Vaccine Research : University of Cambridge (2010/11/05)
- 6 - Missouri Seniors Should Get Flu and Pneumonia Vaccines : Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Missouri (2011/01/18)
- 7 - Free Flu Shots for North Carolina's Youth : Urgent Cares of America (2011/01/10)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.