Recall of Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover
- Publish Date: 2009/04/28 - (Rev. 2009/04/29)
- Author: Personal Care Products
Outline: Personal care products conducts nationwide recall of non-acetone nail polish remover because of possible health risk.
Main DigestPersonal Care Products Conducts Nationwide Recall of Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover Because of Possible Health Risk.
Personal Care Products Conducts Nationwide Recall of Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover Because of Possible Health Risk.
Personal Care Products of Bingham Farms, MI is voluntarily conducting a nationwide recall of all lots of Personal Care non-acetone nail polish remover, conditioner enriched with gelatin, 6 fl. oz., UPC 4815592076, because it does not meet product specifications and has the potential to cause chemical burns to the fingers of users.
The product has been sold nationwide in small discount retail stores and retailers are being instructed to remove the product from sale and to return it to Personal Care Products.
Personal Care has received two complaints of burns to the fingers resulting from the use of the product.
Any person who purchased a bottle of Personal Care non-acetone nail polish remover, conditioner enriched with gelatin is urged to return it to the store of purchase for a refund. Consumers with questions may contact Personal Care Products at 1-248-258-1555, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. EDT.
- 1 - FDA Restricts Sale and Distribution of Essure | U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) | 2018/04/09
- 2 - Risks of Eating Raw Sprouts | Health Canada | 2010/08/12
- 3 - FDA Warns About Illegal Use of Injectable Silicone for Body Contouring and Associated Health Risks | U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) | 2017/11/14
- 4 - Paraffin Candles Source of Carcinogens and Pollution | American Chemical Society | 2009/08/19
- 5 - Lead and Cadmium Hazard in Children's Jewellery Warning | Health Canada | 2010/02/07