Resveratrol May Protect Against Hazardous Radiation Exposure
Published: 2011-03-24 : (Rev. 2017-12-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Resveratrols ability to protect from oxidative stress is effective in protecting against irradiative damage.
Pro-Longevity Benefits of Resveratrol May Also Protect Against Hazardous Radiation Exposure, Studies Show.
Clinical studies of Resveratrol, recognized for its proven role in activating the longevity gene to inhibit age-related diseases, have shown that its antioxidant power provides resistance before and after exposure to hazardous radiation.
Explosions and fires at four nuclear reactors in Japan have created widespread fears about radiation exposure. The reactors have been leaking radiation since a 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami devastated the country.
Reserveage Organics, a leading maker of health supplements made with certified organic ingredients, including Resveratrol, will join the relief effort in Japan by donating one percent of the sales price of any of its Resveratrol products purchased during the next six months to AmeriCares. The organization delivers disaster relief and humanitarian medical aid to people in crisis.
In a 2008 study at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, lead scientist Joel S. Greenberger found that Resveratrol administered before radiation exposure enhanced resistance to radiation.
Colorado State University researchers in cell and molecular biology and environmental and radiological health sciences demonstrated that Resveratrol reduced the incidence of chromosome aberration in mice exposed to radiation.
A 2010 study at the School of Radiation Medicine and Public Health at the Medical College of Soochow University in China reported that Resveratrol's ability to protect from oxidative stress is effective in protecting against irradiative damage.
In his book, "The Longevity Factor," Joseph C. Maroon, M.D., renowned neurosurgeon and anti-aging specialist with the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, notes studies showing Resveratrol's effectiveness in radiation therapy. "Results were positive in two ways," he writes. "First, Resveratrol appeared to act as a tumor sensitizer, making malignant cells more sensitive to radiation therapy. Resveratrol made normal tissue less sensitive to radiation, and this lower sensitivity would help minimize adverse side effects of radiation."
"These clinical studies are extremely valuable, particularly in light of the current crisis in Japan," said Naomi Whittel, founder and CEO of Reserveage Organics, a leading maker of health supplements made with certified organic ingredients, including Resveratrol.
"Studies of affirm its remarkable health benefits and provide hope that promoting health can stem the effects of a potential health crisis."
About Reserveage -Reserveage supplements can be purchased at many fine retailers including The Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World, Whole Foods Market and online at www.reserveage.com.
Inspired by the wisdom of nature and the healthiest cultures around the world, Reserveage aims to provide high-quality products that deliver powerful benefits. We know nature is a potent and abundant source, so we travel the world in search of the most natural ingredients. Research-driven formulations with clinically proven results is the philosophy that inspires us to enhance the relationship between science and nature. We work to develop the world's finest ingredients into the purest nutritional supplements. We are devoted to providing only the most natural elements in pure and authentic formulas.
- 1 - NeoLife Naturally Sourced CoQ10 Supplement : NeoLife International (2017/01/27)
- 2 - Human Growth Hormone (HGH) - An Anti-aging Remedy? : Disabled World (2018/11/05)
- 3 - SeroVital HGH Anti-Aging Product Selling Like Hotcakes : Sierra Research Labs (2014/06/19)
- 4 - Dietary Supplement Shows Promise for Reversing Cardiovascular Aging : University of Colorado at Boulder (2018/04/02)
- 5 - Probiotics for Autistic Child : Jean Shaw (2009/06/26)
- 6 - Vitamin and Mineral Supplements for Exercisers : Dr Jenny Tylee (2009/07/26)
- 7 - Resveratrol May Protect Against Hazardous Radiation Exposure : Reserveage (2011/03/24)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.