Facial Plastic Surgery Information
Author: Dr. Scott E. Newman
Synopsis and Key Points:
Facial plastic surgery has long been the solution for correction of physical malformations resulting from aging disease birth defects and injury.
Main DigestYour face shows signs of aging more prominently than any other area of your body. Unfortunately, you can't hide behind a bulky sweater if you are self-conscious about facial lines and wrinkles. To restore the youth of your appearance and improve the contours of your facial features, numerous facial plastic surgery options are available.
Before having facial plastic surgery, it is worth your while to schedule an initial consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. During this time, you can have all of your questions about facial plastic surgery answered, as well as any individual concerns to help you determine which procedure is right for your needs.
Popular Facial Plastic Surgery Options
Facial plastic surgery has long been the solution for correction of physical malformations resulting from aging, disease, birth defects and injury. Today, there are a growing number of men and women having facial plastic surgery to combat the signs of aging and improve their appearance. Whether you wish to refine the shape of your nose or remove sagging skin from under your chin, there is a facial plastic surgical option for your needs.
Some of the most popular surgical options for your face include:
Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) - the removal of excess skin and fat around the eyes to improve a "tired" appearance and droopy eyelids
Forehead lift, or brow lift - the removal of loose skin and excess fat in the brow line and rearranging of the muscles in your forehead to minimize forehead creases, banish frown lines and reposition expression lines
Rhytidectomy (facelift) - tightens facial skin and muscles and removes excess fat to smooth the contours and wrinkles as a result of aging
Neck lift - the removal of excess fat and skin as well as the tightening of neck muscles to improve loose-hanging skin
Rhinoplasty (nose surgery) - a nose-reshaping surgery to correct structural deformities or to make subtle aesthetic changes for cosmetic purposes
Otoplasty (ear surgery) - a procedure performed to correct malformed ears or for cosmetic purposes
Laser skin resurfacing - the use of either a carbon dioxide or erbium laser to evaporate damaged skin and leave you with a youthful glow
Benefits of Facial Plastic Surgery
While many facial plastic surgery procedures can be used to address cosmetic imperfections, these procedures can also be used to correct structural problems that pose a threat to your health. Those surgeries include:
Otoplasty to correct cupped ears, shelled ears or ears not visible due to a birth defect
Blepharoplasty to remove excess skin around your eyes can restore your peripheral vision
Rhinoplasty to change the structure and shape of your nose and nostrils. This can correct airflow problems to help you breathe better
If you would like to learn more about how facial plastic surgery can benefit you, please visit the website of Dr. Scott E. Newman at Advanced Plastic Surgery in New York City. (psurgery.com/)
- 1 - Benefits of Mommy Makeover Cosmetic Surgery : Disabled World (2010/10/28)
- 2 - Humanitarian Side of Plastic Surgery : Dr. J Plastic Surgery (2014/12/06)
- 3 - Those Traveling Abroad for Plastic Surgery Can Bring Home Serious Complications : Brigham and Women's Hospital (2018/03/31)
- 4 - Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy : www.thebodydoc.com (2011/02/18)
- 5 - Breast Implants After Breast Cancer : Lisa Moore of PlasticSurgeryGuide.com (2011/07/04)
- 6 - Design Your Own Breasts Before Augmentation Surgery : Canfield Imaging Systems (2011/07/21)
- 7 - Anti-Aging Laser Treatment for Wrinkle Reduction : JUVA Skin & Laser Center (2011/01/22)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.