Canada-China Policy Dialog on Health
Author: Health Canada
Published: 2010-09-09 : (Rev. 2017-12-23)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Second Canada-China Policy Dialog on Health hosted by the Chinese Ministry of Health in Shanghai.
Second Canada-China Policy Dialog on Health a Success.
The Honorable Leona Aglukkaq, Canada's Minister of Health, is pleased to announce the successful conclusion of the second Canada-China Policy Dialog on Health, hosted by the Chinese Ministry of Health, in Shanghai today. This builds on the 2009-2011 Plan of Action for cooperation in health signed during the inaugural Canada-China Policy Dialog hosted by Canada, in Ottawa in June 2009.
Today, senior Canadian and Chinese health officials and experts discussed strategies to prevent chronic diseases, prevention and control of emerging infectious diseases, health research, and hospital financing. These discussions will contribute to continued cooperation between Canada and China on health.
Minister Aglukkaq also met privately with Dr. Zhu Chen, Chinese Minister of Health, to discuss other health issues of concern including food safety and infectious diseases.
"These meetings are an excellent opportunity for Canada and China to enhance understanding of our respective priorities, to strengthen our collaboration in advancing our priorities, and to expand communication between experts and policy makers" said Minister Aglukkaq.
"China was pleased to have hosted a successful second Canada-China Policy Dialog in Health and to have had the opportunity to further discuss issues of common health concern" said Minister Chen. "I am delighted that Canada-China health collaboration continues to increase as we further strengthen our cooperation."
Minister Aglukkaq continues her visit in China and will be traveling to Beijing where she will meet with China's Vice Minister of General Administration for Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) Changcheng Pu, to discuss issues surrounding consumer product safety.
- 1 - Disability in Japan: Overview and Statistics : Disabled World (2010/03/14)
- 2 - Asian Tsunami 2004 - SAARC Academia Marks 10th Anniversary : Tsunami Decade Summit (2014/12/31)
- 3 - Overview of Disability in China : Thomas C. Weiss (2010/03/16)
- 4 - People with Disabilities in Hong Kong Twice as Likely to Face Poverty : South China Morning Post (2015/01/19)
- 5 - Almost 100M Adults Have COPD in China Mainly Due to Smoking and Air Pollution : Tulane University (2018/04/10)
- 6 - Shortage of Doctors in Japan : Disabled World (2008/09/21)
- 7 - Death Penalty in Japan - EU Japan Summit : FIDH (2009/04/30)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.