Mars Chocolate UK Launches Billboard in London for World Braille Day 2017
Author: Jodie Hitch : Contact: freuds.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
Mars Chocolate UK launches one-off special build billboard in London to mark World Braille Day 2017.
Mars Chocolate UK Continues Commitment For Greater Inclusivity With New Maltesers® Advert For World Braille Day 2017 - In support of World Braille Day. MALTESERS® returns with its next step in the 'Look on the Light Side' campaign, as part of Mars Chocolate UK's ambition to champion greater inclusivity through its advertising. The one-off special build billboard; created by AMV BBDO, will go live in Farringdon from January 4th-15th 2017.
Mars Chocolate UK will today launch a one-off special build billboard in London to mark World Braille Day 2017. The advert is part of its ambition to use the MALTESERS® brand to champion greater inclusivity in advertising and communications, and better represent disability in media.
The new ad, created by Mars Chocolate UK and AMV BBDO, takes the form of a poster made entirely of Braille; a tactile writing system used by people who are visually impaired, with the dots formed of model-made MALTESERS®. The advert will be accessible for all through a combination of audio description and a translation hosted on the Maltesers UKFacebook page.
This is the latest creative in the MALTESERS® 'Look on the Light Side' campaign, which saw three TV adverts featuring disability debut during the Opening Ceremony of the Channel 4 Paralympic Games on Wednesday 7th September 2016; including the first ever TV ad to air entirely in sign language. The adverts, inspired by real-life stories, celebrated a universally awkward situation from a disabled person's perspective-- where the best thing to do is simply 'look on the light side of life.'
Inspired by a real-life story from a focus group led by MALTESERS® and Scope - the UK's disability charity, the new billboard celebrates the lighter moments in the lives of those who live with a visual impairment.
The special build Maltesers advert billboard created by AMV BBDO for World Braille Day 2017
Michele Oliver, VP of Marketing at Mars Chocolate UK:
"As one of the UK's biggest advertisers, we have a responsibility and a role to play in championing greater inclusivity in our advertising and communications."
"MALTESERS® is the brand that looks on the light side of life and this scenario is just one example of the real-life, everyday experiences of people affected by sight loss; and in this case from Michelle in Glasgow. This small-scale activation is a natural next step in our ambition to get closer to our consumers; by normalising disability in advertising and communications, and using humour to challenge preconceptions."
Danielle Wootton, Head of Marketing at disability charity Scope, said:
"This is a brilliant initiative from MALTESERS®. Disabled people often tell us they rarely see their lives reflected in advertising campaigns and the media and that mainstream advertising remains inaccessible - this innovative billboard challenges both issues."
"We are also delighted that MALTESERS® have continued their campaign to shine a light on the awkwardness that all too often surrounds disability. Scope's own research shows that half of the British public don't personally know anyone disabled and two-thirds of people admit to feeling awkward about disability. Campaigns like these are vital in helping to overcome this awkwardness and ensuring that disabled people are more visible in the media and public life."
- 1 - Still Taking it On The Chin: UK'S Continuing Obsession With Herd Immunity : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/05/29)
- 2 - A Very British Lockdown - Confused and Chaotic : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/04/26)
- 3 - Coronavirus Outbreak: Thoughts From the UK : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/03/12)
- 4 - Will Britain's New Immigration Policy Impact Upon Disability? : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/03/02)
- 5 - EESC Urges Commission to Make Disability Rights Strategy Far More Ambitious : European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) (2019/12/18)
- 6 - EU Disability Conference Examines Disability Strategy for the Next Decade : The European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) (2020/03/03)
- 7 - Media Needs to Start Breaking Down Stigma Surrounding Disability : European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) (2019/07/11)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.