Taking it to the Next Level
Author: Equip-able Ltd
Autumn challenge to find the most promising social entrepreneurs from around the UK.
Main DigestSocial entrepreneurs given opportunity to grow - UnLtd, the Foundation for Social Entrepreneurs has launched its Autumn challenge to find the most promising social entrepreneurs from around the UK.
UnLtd Level 2 Awards are awarded to individuals with an existing and scalable project which offers innovative entrepreneurial solutions to some of the biggest challenges facing communities in the UK, wider society and the world. Level 2 Award Winners receive a financial award of up to £15,000 plus additional tailored support for 12 months via a dedicated UnLtd Development Manager and the UnLtd Connect pro-bono network who assist the individual in driving forward their vision of long lasting social change.
The UnLtd Level 2 Awards are open from now until Friday 24th September 2010 with an online application form available for potential applicants to complete on the UnLtd website (www.unltd.org.uk/level2). Award Winners will be announced in November.
Jonathan Jenkins, Director of UnLtd Ventures said, "Our bi-annual search for dynamic individuals who are looking to find solutions, allows us to support projects that address some of the most pressing problems facing our society. UnLtd's Level 2 Awards focus on helping these individuals commit more time to increasing their social reach and sustaining this over the longer term."
The UnLtd Level 2 Awards looks for established social entrepreneurs with projects that can demonstrate a track record of delivering social change and the ability to become sustainable after receiving the UnLtd Level 2 funding and support.
Award Winners Clare and Duncan Edwards shot to fame when their Trabasack lap tray and travel bag was featured in the Daily Express and on BBC Radio Two, plus worldwide superstar Justin Timberlake tweeted and featured them on his blog. Clare and Duncan became an UnLtd Level 2 Award Winners last year and have benefited greatly from the access to mentors and business development support provided by Unltd. Trabasack provides a portable level surface for eating, drinking and working on the move. The couples' award winning 'Design for All' product is particularly useful for wheelchairs users and they hope to sell over 3000 products globally within the next year.
Further information about applying for a Level 2 Award and full criteria, visit www.unltd.org.uk/level2
For press inquiries please contact the UnLtd Communications Team on 020 7566 1137 or email email@example.com / comms@UnLtd.org.uk
UnLtd is the leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK and offers the largest such network in the world. UnLtd resources over 1,000 individuals each year through its core Awards program.
UnLtd operates a unique model by investing directly in individuals and offering a complete package of resources; from awards of funding between £500 and £15,000 to ongoing advice, networking and practical support.
UnLtd supports individuals who have their ventures firmly rooted in delivering positive social change. The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (Harding and Harding 2008) found that there were 1.7m people leading social organizations in the UK, 238,000 trying to start one, and that 35% of all nascent (early stage) entrepreneurs were starting with social ventures.
UnLtd Ventures - provides long term specialist support to a number of outstanding entrepreneurs
UnLtd Research - leads on inspiring and informing action, policy and social change
UnLtd Connect - brings together experienced professionals able to offer pro-bono support and those who are growing social ventures
UnLtd Advantage - is the premier investment readiness program for social entrepreneurs and those investing in them
Live UnLtd - is transforming how society views young people and how young people view themselves
UnLtdWorld.com - connects you to the people, tools and information you need to change the world
For more information about the support offered by UnLtd, please visit: www.UnLtd.org.uk Twitter: www.twitter.com/unltd Facebook: www.facebook.com/unltd
- 1 - Still Taking it On The Chin: UK'S Continuing Obsession With Herd Immunity : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/05/29)
- 2 - A Very British Lockdown - Confused and Chaotic : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/04/26)
- 3 - Coronavirus Outbreak: Thoughts From the UK : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/03/12)
- 4 - Will Britain's New Immigration Policy Impact Upon Disability? : Paul Dodenhoff (2020/03/02)
- 5 - EESC Urges Commission to Make Disability Rights Strategy Far More Ambitious : European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) (2019/12/18)
- 6 - EU Disability Conference Examines Disability Strategy for the Next Decade : The European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) (2020/03/03)
- 7 - Media Needs to Start Breaking Down Stigma Surrounding Disability : European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) (2019/07/11)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.