Session Sees Olympic TOP Partners Impressed by Sochi 2014
Author: Sochi 2014
Synopsis and Key Points:
Sochi 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games conducted a seminar for the International Olympic Committees global partners as part of its marketing program.
Main DigestThe Organizing Committee of Sochi 2014 - Russia's first ever Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games - today conducted a seminar for the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) global partners as part of its marketing program.
The Organizing Committee of Sochi 2014 - Russia's first ever Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games - today conducted a seminar for the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) global partners as part of its marketing program.
To guarantee the commercial success of Sochi 2014 and its unprecedented Olympic legacy, the Organizing Committee is committed to creating the best possible climate for Games stakeholders, partners and clients. This will in turn ensure that infrastructure development and marketing objectives are met in the buildup to 2014.
Joining Sochi 2014, the Sochi Administration and the Olimpstroy State Corporation for the seminar were representatives of the IOC's TOP partners - prestigious international companies such as Samsung, Panasonic, Omega, Acer, Coca-Cola, McDonald's and Visa. The session provided opportunities to meet with other key parties involved in preparations for and delivery of Sochi 2014.
The seminar saw Igor Stolyarov, Sochi 2014 Vice-President for Marketing, Commercial operations and Communications, share the Sochi 2014 Games concept and the vision for realizing its commercial objectives through giving unique commercial and marketing opportunities to Russian businesses.
Participants also discussed issues related to Olympic law, brand protection, and Sochi 2014's education programs. Of particular interest was the Russian International Olympic University (RIOU), which will be constructed at the heart of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Park and help to produce a generation of top sports management and administration professionals. During the 2014 Games, RIOU will serve as an exhibition facility for IOC sponsors and partners, while students will be given opportunities to gain practical experience in Olympic marketing and event organization.
Anna Kozlovskaya, Coca-Cola Public Affairs and Communications Director, said:
"The Coca-Cola company is the oldest partner of the Olympic movement, with links dating back to 1928. We appreciate the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee's commitment to open dialog and experience-exchange, and are thankful for the warm reception we have received in Sochi.
The seminar has given us insights into Sochi 2014's innovative marketing and commercial programs, which are bringing new opportunities to TOP sponsors. We will also do our best to make Sochi 2014 the most impressive and beneficial Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games yet."
The seminar was the first in a series of events developed by the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee to meet and exceed the requirements of Games partners.
Reference: The Olympic Partners Program provides the Olympic Movement with the majority of Games revenue. The Program was launched by the IOC in 1985, providing a strong financial basis for the Olympic Movement and creating long-term relationships to enhance its development. Worldwide Olympic Partners already signed up to partner with Sochi 2014 are Coca-Cola, Panasonic and Samsung.
- 1 - IPC Spectacular - Sochi 2014 Highlights Video Clip : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2014/06/18)
- 2 - 2014 Paralympic Games Sochi Russia Events and News : Disabled World (2009/01/31)
- 3 - Sochi 2014 Winter Games Shares Vancouver's Olympic Fever : sochi2014.com (2009/02/08)
- 4 - 2 Billion People Watched the Sochi 2014 Paralympics on TV : The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2014/07/04)
- 5 - Sochi 2014 Joins UNEP Climate Neutral Network : sochi2014.com (2009/02/12)
- 6 - Sochi 2014 Winter Games on Track : Sochi 2014 (2009/03/29)
- 7 - Sochi 2014 Reports on Winter Games Progress : Sochi 2014 (2009/03/24)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.