Cruise Line Discounts for AARP Members
Synopsis and Key Points:
When booking a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line AARP members will receive a discount savings.
Main DigestAARP Selects Norwegian Cruise Line as a Preferred Cruise Line Provider - Relationship gives AARP's millions of members access to preferred rates on cruise line's signature Freestyle Cruising fleet, the youngest in the cruise industry.
AARP and Norwegian Cruise Line today announced a new relationship that will give AARP members access to special rates on the cruise line's fleet of Freestyle Cruising ships, including the line's newest and most innovative ship, Norwegian Epic. Norwegian Cruise Line has the youngest fleet in the industry and sails to destinations around the world, including the Caribbean, Europe, Alaska, Hawaii, Bermuda and more.
"AARP members live active lives and want options when it comes to travel," said John Wider, president and chief executive officer of AARP Services, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of AARP. "Cruising is popular among our members, so we are pleased to make more options available to them through this new relationship with Norwegian Cruise Line."
When booking a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line, AARP members will receive a five percent savings for reservations made at least nine months prior to sailing. Norwegian also is making available a limited time offer to AARP members who book a cruise from April 1 through April 30, 2010 for travel anytime in 2010. The offer includes a $50 on-board credit per stateroom and a 50 percent reduced deposit on select cruises to Bermuda, Canada & New England, Western Mediterranean and the Bahamas from New York.
"When looking at travel options, AARP members should consider the incredible vacation experience that cruising offers," said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line's chief executive officer. "Add to that our signature Freestyle Cruising experience, along with the newest, most contemporary ships at sea, and I am confident that AARP members will have the vacation of a lifetime when choosing to sail with us."
Norwegian Cruise Line's Freestyle Cruising experience gives guests the opportunity to customize their cruise vacation to suit their needs. This includes the choice of up to 21 restaurants offering traditional and contemporary options and a wide variety of cuisine styles; a variety of amenities including world-class entertainment; and the widest selection of accommodations at sea, including more family-friendly interconnecting staterooms and suites than anyone else.
For more information on Norwegian Cruise Line or to book a cruise, AARP members should call Norwegian at 866-953-1936 or visit www.ncl.com/aarp and provide proof of membership at the time of booking.
- 1 - Accessible Cruising with Mobility At Sea : Chris Palmer - Mobility At Sea (2014/10/10)
- 2 - Accessible Cruise Booking Tips : Connie George (2009/01/09)
- 3 - Cruise Ship Internet WIFI Guide and Pricing : za.cruise.co (2012/07/09)
- 4 - Disability Cruise Ship Facilities Guide : www.cruise.co (2012/06/24)
- 5 - Online Wheelchair and Scooter Rental Booking for Cruise Travelers : Special Needs Group, Inc. (2011/02/08)
- 6 - Toronto Cruises : Amy Nutt (2008/12/29)
- 7 - Maritime Passengers with Disabilities Rights : Disability Rights (2010/07/09)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.