Special Needs at Sea Helps Persons with Disabilities Fulfill Travel Dreams
Author: Special Needs at Sea
Synopsis and Key Points:
Special Needs at Sea delivers a full range of special needs equipment and services to hotels resorts and cruise ships around the world.
Main DigestFor the 40 million Americas with limited disability, oxygen requirements or other form of disability, who want to travel, Special Needs at Sea, can help make any trip easier and more hassle-free.
For the 40 million Americas with limited disability, oxygen requirements or other form of disability, who want to travel, Special Needs at Sea, (www.specialneedsatsea.com) can help make any trip easier and more hassle-free.
Now entering its third year, Special Needs at Sea delivers a full range of special needs equipment and services to hotels, resorts and cruise ships around the world, so that it's waiting and ready to go when you are.
Special Needs at Sea has delivery and pick-up capability within most of the world's travel destinations and can even accommodate "one-way" travel. According to company spokespersons, the most frequently requested items are motorized scooters, power chairs, oxygen equipment including battery-powered concentrators however, the company also provides audio aides, patient lifts, relief materials for companion dogs and hospital beds and cribs.
Andrew Garnett, company founder and president points out that even with the large number of persons with disabilities, the majority of equipment requests are from travelers without disabilities; persons who may not use scooters or wheelchairs at home, but who are concerned about walking long distances on tours, shore excursions or onboard today's new, larger cruise vessels.
"My goal is to ensure that no one misses an opportunity to see the world or go on a family vacation because of a permanent or temporary physical impairment," says Garnett.
"While today's resorts, hotels and cruise ships are very accommodating for individuals with disabilities, providing special rooms or staterooms, wider hallways and other special needs access, travelers can't always take oxygen or power-chairs aboard an airplane, and it can be a hassle to transport the needed equipment. We bridge the gap with customized on-site delivery and pick-up."
Special Needs at Sea, A Special Needs Group Inc. company, also develops tours for persons with disabilities and works closely with travel professionals, including travel agents, tour operators and cruise lines, to facilitate persons with special needs. In most instances, your travel agent can handle the arrangements with Special Needs at Sea for you.
Reference: For more details about Special Needs at Sea or to request a brochure, call Special Needs at Sea toll free 1.800.513.4515, email firstname.lastname@example.org or log onto www.specialneedsatsea.com.
- 1 - Accessible Cruising with Mobility At Sea : Chris Palmer - Mobility At Sea (2014/10/10)
- 2 - Accessible Cruise Booking Tips : Connie George (2009/01/09)
- 3 - Cruise Ship Internet WIFI Guide and Pricing : za.cruise.co (2012/07/09)
- 4 - Disability Cruise Ship Facilities Guide : www.cruise.co (2012/06/24)
- 5 - Online Wheelchair and Scooter Rental Booking for Cruise Travelers : Special Needs Group, Inc. (2011/02/08)
- 6 - Toronto Cruises : Amy Nutt (2008/12/29)
- 7 - Maritime Passengers with Disabilities Rights : Disability Rights (2010/07/09)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.