GM's Mobility Program now Includes Saab
Author: Evander Klum
Published: 2008-10-02 : (Rev. 2009-02-08)
Synopsis and Key Points:
General Motors has recently announced the addition of the entire line of Saab vehicles into their GM Mobility program.
Main DigestGeneral Motors has recently announced the addition of the entire line of Saab vehicles into their GM Mobility program. Under this program any customer who purchase or lease any new 2007 or 2008 MY Saab vehicle and then equip it with or install eligible adaptive mobility equipment will be able to obtain a combination of financial assistance plus protection and convenience of OnStar.
General Motors has recently announced the addition of the entire line of Saab vehicles into their GM Mobility program. Under this program any customer who purchase or lease any new 2007 or 2008 MY Saab vehicle and then equip it with or install eligible adaptive mobility equipment will be able to obtain a combination of financial assistance plus protection and convenience of OnStar.
Aside from Saab, the other GM brands such as Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, and Saturn are also part of the program. The GM Mobility Program was started in the year 1991 with the objective of assisting people with disabilities especially when it comes to their transportation needs.
Under the said program, General Motors will reimburse up to $1,000 to customers who buy or lease new GM vehicles and equipped it with one or more of its 35 eligible aftermarket mobility equipment modifications like hand controls, scooter hoists, ONStar TTY equipment or wheelchair lifts. Aside from the reimbursement on OnStar-equipped vehicles, customers will also received an additional two years of standard OnStar service since the first year of OnStar service is offered as part of the all new OnStar-equipped GM vehicles---GM mobility customers get a total of three years of free OnStar service with their purchase.
According to John Gaydash, Director of Marketing for GM Fleet and Commercial Operations, "Saab has hundreds of thousands of loyal owners - and now family caregivers, seniors, and people who have limited mobility can enjoy the safety, technology and performance that are hallmarks of Saab vehicles. We can't think of a better way to help celebrate October as Disability Awareness Month than to add Saab to the GM Mobility program."
With the OnStar, offered on more than 50 GM vehicles including Saab models, subscribers will now be able to obtain direct access to security and safety features like for instance the 24-hour emergency assistance, remote door unlock, stolen vehicle location assistance and Hands-Free Calling which enables drivers to make and receive hands-free voice activated calls through a nationwide cellular network.
New Models to Boost Saab Sales? Saab top brass believe that the introduction of new models will help boost the company's sales for the next four years. According to UK managing director Jonathan Nash the new models would help to double the number of sales obtain in the UK by 2011 with the company obtaining around 28,000 cars last year.
Marketing boss David Pugh and UK managing director Nash said that instead of concentrating on the models that are already in the pipeline they would focus on the gaps in the Saab range. To start off, a compact 4x4 that would rival the likes of Land Rover Freelander and Honda CR-V is being considered.
And according to company insiders that the planned compact 4x4 will be called the 9-4X and would be based on the same platform as the Antara or Captiva 4x4s from sister manufacturers Vauxhall and Chevrolet. The 9-4X compact 4x4 is scheduled to go on sale this year.
Reference: Evander Klum is a Business Administration graduate who hails from Alabama. He enjoys extreme sports and he is also a car racing fanatic. At present, he works as a marketing manager at an advertising agency in Cleveland.
- 1 - Car Dealerships to Provide Hand Controls for Test Drives for Disabled : Potter Handy (2017/08/03)
- 2 - Blind Man to Drive at Daytona Speedway : National Federation of the Blind (2011/01/28)
- 3 - Turny Evo Assists People with Limited Mobility Enter and Exit Vehicles : Autoadapt (2012/03/13)
- 4 - Safe Driving and Car Modifications for Seniors : 101 Mobility (2013/03/13)
- 5 - GPS Navigation System for Finding Disability Parking Spaces : Disabled World (2009/02/11)
- 6 - Guidosimplex Hand Controls for Drivers with Disabilities : Better Life Mobility (2014/03/02)
- 7 - Hand Controls for Vehicles : Brian Barry (2009/02/08)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.